General C++ Programming - March 2015 (Page 8)

how to read data in txt file

I generate a data set and saved in txt file. I am wondering how to read those data in c++? They are time series data and high frequency. i.e., large dataset. I...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/files/ (by MiiNiPaa)
How to know if std::cin is blocking a thread?

Hello, I want to synchronize 2 differents processes by using cin has a synchroniser. one proccess is a consumer the other one is a producer. But I want to pro...
[1 reply] : there should be a way which should involve multi-threading. Aceix. (by Aceix)
Comparing a string in input to a dictionary file

Hi all guys! I will explain better myself. What I would like to do is: - input a string (char as I will ONLY type words) - automatically scramble the letter...
[2 replies] Last: This is for my knowledge, I already know a bit of c++ but not at this ... (by vanillarainbow)
Hi Im not sure how to do this, may someone explain me how?

The value of sin(x) can be approximated by using the formula: sin(x) = x −x3/3!+x5/5!−x7/7!+x9/9!· · · Using this formula, determine how many ter...
[3 replies] Last: The hint pretty much just tells you how to solve the problem. First, c... (by ModShop)
code for inserting element from end in a linked list ( not working!!)

This is the code The program executes but as soon as i enter the first element it doesnt respond!! #include <iostream> using namespace std; ...
[1 reply] : if(last=NULL) // == not = (by TarikNeaj)
What's the best library for handling MySQL databases?

Hi, I'm looking for the best C++ library to insert,update and delete entries in a MySQL database. I've found a lot of libraries online but I'd like to use the ...
[no replies]
functions for linklist dont work

this are two functions that are for adding and removing and item on links list that im using in a nother program im just not shure how to fix the erors mainly ...
[4 replies] Last: ok I got it thanks so much (: (by isaacthebro)
Need fixing and refining

Create a program that lets the user enroll a college student. Discounts are given for the in percentage. The user will have unpaid balance if he/she chooses to ...
[3 replies] Last: Why does it need fixing? Does it not work? Do you get Errors? If so, ... (by TarikNeaj)
pointer memory allocation

Hey guys. I am back. My semi starts soon. I wanted to know one essential thing. How is memory allocated in a pointer? Let me answer this and correct me if I am ...
[14 replies] Last: thanks..a relief (by csstudent123)
Nim 2 player?

This is the code that I have created for the game Nim. So far my code works perfectly fine (or at least exactly the way I want it to). Currently, the user can o...
[3 replies] Last: Still: change "Player 1" -> "Player " << current_player To detect... (by coder777)
Int24

I'm doing some dsp stuff and I have this __int24 struct. However, I'm getting this error cannot convert from const int24_t to int32_t. How can I fix this? ...
[1 reply] : cannot convert from const int24_t to int32_t. You cannot apply non... (by MiiNiPaa)
Macro replacement interpretation

Section 16.3 paragraph 4 of the C++11 standard reads: "If the identifier-list in the macro definition does not end with an ellipsis, the number of arguments ...
[1 reply] : > Does this mean that invoking a macro with more arguments than there ... (by JLBorges)
Help! error LNK2019 and fatal error LNK1120

I keep getting error LNK2019 and fatal error LNK1120 for my program. Any idea what might be wrong? Thanks #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespac...
[4 replies] Last: Oh wow I can't believe I made such a stupid mistake! Ok I got it worki... (by signogru)
by Gyiove
communicating with other program ( creating debug program )

Hello everyone! I was thinking about creating a simple debug program. Here's how it should work: If my real program have been compiled in my own debug mo...
[1 reply] : Look at ptrace. It lets you look at system calls from other programs, ... (by fabtasticwill)
Loops Help Needed how to divide this code?

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cmath> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main() { int x, y, tempL, tempR, middle; cout << "P...
[no replies]
Assign char*[] to void**

So I'm using an old API and it has a problem I don't know how to solve. It's something like this. int function(int selector, void **value) { c...
[6 replies] Last: This actually works. Everything is returned correctly. And that void**... (by cmajor28)
Explain

Can someone explain me the following statement in detail: NSDate *now = [NSDate date]; Thanks in advance.
[4 replies] Last: Got it now. Thanks a lot for explaining in detail. (by nileshjdarji)
Guessing Game

Hi guys! I wrote a Guessing Game program for a class project and what I intend to do is as follows: This Program is a Guessing Game! There is a number that you...
[3 replies] Last: Your guessing game is far from being correct. There are a bunch of c... (by TarikNeaj)
class function for removing and adding linklist dose not work

int deleteNode(struct node *h, string name){ struct node *p, *q; p=h->next; q=h; while(p!=NULL){ if(strcmp(p->name, name.c_str())==0){ q->n...
[1 reply] : Continued in http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/160253/ Please do... (by LB)
March 2015 Pages: 1... 678910... 28
  Archived months: [feb2015] [apr2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.