General C++ Programming - March 2013 (Page 26)

Class objects in a vector

So I'm trying to store class objects in a vector: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <sstream> #include <string> #include <vector> using...
[1 reply] : 1. Am I storing it correctly? No. You should simply do: void a... (by Catfish3)
2D vector?

Can you show me how to use 2D vector, instead of 2D arrays?
[1 reply] : #include <vector> vector<vector<int> > 2dVector;//2d vector vector<i... (by kajgies)
by zeak
Knight's Tour Out of Bounds.

Can you all explain me how to do the out of bounds in Knight's tour? C++ or C.
[1 reply] : What is the Knight tour and why are you need to do a terrible mistake ... (by MiiNiPaa)
<CMath>Getting angles between 2 3d points.

I need to get a cannon to schoot on my target. It is a 3d game. I need to get 2 angles between the x,y and z of the cannon, and the target. I can calcula...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for your help I the code I now have is: float getAngle (float... (by kajgies)
by zeak
What's the purpose of Free up memory Allocated????

What's the purpose of Free up memory Allocated???? In C++ Or C.
[1 reply] : Do you mean what is the purpose of freeing up memory allocated on the ... (by ajh32)
by zeak
Knight's Tour. Can you all help me how to explain the whole program? Where having our defense.

Where having our defense on monday. My prof said. I should explain this step by step. Knight's tour. Just like what are the functions, declarations, pointers,.....
[no replies]
Classes, Objects, Constructors and Unhanded Exception.

So I'm attempting to make a program that simply counts up- seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, years- using a predefined main() system given by my instructor...
[1 reply] : You shouldn't call the destructor Remove line 24 and 25 from `main.cpp... (by ne555)
Circular reference not working?

It's compiling but it's not working, it enters in stack overflow. It's a Doubly Linked List I'm compiling in Visual Studio. I think there's nothing wrong with t...
[7 replies] Last: I personally write my linked lists differently. std::list If NIH,... (by ne555)
array of structure

// This program doesn't allow me to give all input #include<iostream> #include<string> #include<conio.h> struct food { std::string name; f...
[2 replies] Last: Thnx for the help. (by Umuieme)
How to subtract a set value from each character in an array?

this function subtracts a given value for each element in an array. I \ If the array is: hellohowareyou, and the value is 6 then result will be :...
[1 reply] : you do not need to: char arr = "bcd"; for(int i = 0; i < 3; ++i) ... (by MiiNiPaa)
Class Pointer and Virtual Function couldn't be avoided?

Let's look at this simplified code, it gives compilation error conflicting declaration B m at line 34. #include <iostream> using namespace std; c...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks. It works. (by activecat)
C++ Application Default Parameters

Hi! I have developed an application in C++ that creates some text files in a directory chosen by the user. How can I help the user set a Default Directory...
[3 replies] Last: ok.. Thanks MiiniPaa and Caligulaminus, shall try these options out! (by abhishekm71)
Declaring vector of pointer as private class member (1,2)

Below is a working program. Please note that the vector <int*> pointer is declared as a public member of the class A. The problem arises when I try to make ...
[29 replies] Last: Dear friends, Thanks for above comments. But now I encounter another ... (by activecat)
GRAPHIC GAME TUTORIALS

hello, i really want to make a 2D game with graphics, not text. I have searched on google but did not find what i was looking for. Can someone please send me ...
[3 replies] Last: go look at lazyfoo.com, its not SFML but SDL. SFML is a derivative (oo... (by DeXecipher)
Console game enemies

I just finished the code for enemies in my little console game (it's almost all from a tutorial - but I know what every single line of the code does) All thi...
[5 replies] Last: I decided I should rewrite the code, where instead of saying where ene... (by Vidminas)
Trouble with Tic-Tac-Toe

I have been trying to make a tic-tac-toe game. So far, I have it display the board and place pieces. The problem is that I'm having trouble with placing pieces,...
[2 replies] Last: That worked. Thanks! (by Dante12129)
Please help!!!! this is due at midnight!!!

Okay i am having problems with this code. for example if i wish to convert 5ft 10.5 inches to meters and cm the programs doesnt give me a value instead it just ...
[5 replies] Last: return (int) yourDoubleVariable; there are better ways but i think tha... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by adn258
Why Is this Function For Array Size Not Working?

So I was just trying to get this function to work for array sizes why wouldn't this work? I know I'm doing something stupid also what could be done for a funct...
[10 replies] Last: Vlad from moscow thanks man. See this is a little but confusing becau... (by adn258)
Modular programming

Hi guys, i want to ask help for modular programming. How can I let the secondary cpp file have access to the const int variable declared in the primary cpp ...
[4 replies] Last: I know the error you were talking about and I was kinda hesitant to gi... (by Smac89)
Makefile not working

Could anyone point out why this makefile only executes the first entry, compiling only the first program listed? Thank you! ##############################...
[7 replies] Last: http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/html_node/Phony-Targets.html (by ne555)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 2425262728... 51
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.