General C++ Programming - March 2013 (Page 25)

is there a better way of allocating number of elment on an array

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int elm = 0; int size = 0; int *array; array = new int ; // ...
[6 replies] Last: Its n number of element i should say not n number of array. (by frankLap)
class type pointer

hi programmers i want to something in given code example i've created a pointer of type understand in private section why we do that i mean what is mean by tha...
[3 replies] Last: a is a pointer, like a note with an address. You changing it to poin... (by MiiNiPaa)
help me pls im stock T.T

#include<cctype.h> #include<iostream.h> #include<string.h> #include<sstream.h> #include<cstring.h> #include<istream.h> int assignseat(int seat_num, int ...
[1 reply] : a) Use code tags when posting code. b) State your problem clearly. c) ... (by MiiNiPaa)
I'm So Confused

This Whole Example is Confusing me to much Especially at Line 59 current_node = new_node; if current Node is = to New Node then the current Must Have the Val...
[2 replies] Last: linked list is so confusing. You really need a board and draw your nod... (by CroCo)
MFC Edit Control School Project

So, i'm working on a GUI dialog game project for school, and I've come to a point where the player is being asked riddles. So, i created an edit control, and I ...
[1 reply] : There should be an event called "edited", "text changed" or whatever. (by MiiNiPaa)
Why does this take so long to execute?

#include <iostream> #include <vector> using namespace std; int factors (int a){ int b = 0; for (int f = 1; f <= a; f++) { if (a % ...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=DTSCode]thats not the problem. its the nested one. move the x =... (by cire)
Entry level class assignment; Sort alphabetically

Hello this is my first semester using C++ and I am very 'green' when it comes to programming. My assignment is as follows: Create a program that will accep...
[no replies]
Nested For loop

I am attempting to read a file with 2 numbers in it. The first indicates the number of rows the second, the number of columns. So for a file (Data.txt) that...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks. Changed the row counter to display the modulus division and it... (by Millhouse17)
by scoker
xsd and xerces

Hi all! I want to create c++ classes from xml schema (xsd) and then create objects from a xml file. I used xsd from codesynthesis and made classes for my ...
[no replies]
Global arrays

I currently have globally declared arrays, which are accessed by multiple functions. I want to turn the program so that the arrays are no longer globally decla...
[6 replies] Last: I don't think he wants to be able to resize it. It's the fact that for... (by S33ds)
Strange thing seen in classes

See at the end of this program. //header file //Complex.h class Complex{ public: Complex(); Complex(double r); Complex(double r, double i); Complex(Comple...
[5 replies] Last: is it doing a ruby thing? http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/documentation/qu... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Growth Rate and Loops.....HELP

Hi I'm having a problem with my program and have no one to ask. The question is "How many bunnies will I have after this many years?" We are given a formula ...
[4 replies] Last: thanks toum, I'm having a problem with population it doesnt seem to gr... (by jayb480)
by aq6655
ques about struct

i read the book but i still hv no idea when should i use -> or . when i refer an obj
[3 replies] Last: what if i declare an obj with a pointer in struct,do i need -> when i... (by Disch)
program crashes

The program crashes I think on line 42. Anyone know whats up? #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <cmath> #include <math.h> #include <limits>...
[12 replies] Last: Thanks. I don't know what I was thinking when I set that limit. And no... (by eagleman)
Calculating the average using two different functions.

When I compile my code with g++ I get the error: constructor,destructure or type convertion missing before sum. int sum(int,int); void sum(int,int,int&); main...
[12 replies] Last: Thank you very much. (by adamsjh)
by Nonlin
Pass Array from one function to another

I'm trying to pass an array from one function to another without resorting to pointers and I have to use Pass by Reference. I can't seem to figure it out. I've ...
[9 replies] Last: Ok I thought I understood what was going on. Except now when I'm tryin... (by Nonlin)
Question for any veteran programmers.

If I master everything in the C++ tutorial on this site, how far will I be toward having programming skills that are in any way marketable? I know I probably w...
[6 replies] Last: I get that, and I don't mean just reading the tutorials, but being abl... (by agnophilo)
program has stopped working

This program is to track user usage of computer for a few computer lab. The problem is i always got that "program has stopped working" message in most of the p...
[1 reply] : fast fix: Lines 226-242: void checkvacancy ( int USERID, int *LAB , ... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Nonlin
How to count the letters?

I'm just trying to find out if the way I've setup my code currently allows me to count the letters as they occur? I don't yet see how to do it but I need clari...
[2 replies] Last: This seems to count correctly but because its in the for loop restrict... (by Nonlin)
Computer Science Major

Do you have to be really good at math to major in Computer Science? Im not too good at mathematics, but I try my best at it. The school in which I want to major...
[4 replies] Last: I wanted to say that you still should made folmulas given to you in yo... (by MiiNiPaa)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 2324252627... 51
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.