General C++ Programming - March 2013 (Page 19)

by zeak
Help me Create this program! Please.

Create a program that will accept records and grade of 5 students for 5 subjects namely english, math, science, arts, P.E. The program should display the averag...
[7 replies] Last: Just turn every int into a double, and inside "calculate_average" get ... (by toomanystars)
How to skip a varibles

I am just a beginner in c++ I am making a program on a physics formula PV=nRT(this is formula of ideal gas equation) i have build the program and it run exce...
[11 replies] Last: Nice solution cire. I figured it could be done. I just haven't ever fo... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
Basic program

I'm practicing so I wrote this simple program that suppose to add and divide two numbers. It does that but the result comes out with a 0 at the front and don't...
[4 replies] Last: Side note: Remember result/2 and result/2.0 are two different things... (by Rehan FASTian)
Quick class question

If I wanted to call a member function inside another member function, how would I do that, if it's possible? For example, if I have Find(int key) defined alr...
[2 replies] Last: Just call it. #include <iostream> struct A { int foo( int i ) {... (by JLBorges)
split image to 3 channels opencv error

Hi I am currently planning on splitting my image into 3 channels so i can get the RGB values of an image to plot a scatter graph so i can model is using a no...
[6 replies] Last: @ne555 when i say i did i tried initializing the vector still got erro... (by asda333)
trying to start coding audio synthesizers

hi guys, like the title states, I'm interested in learning how to write the software for audio synthesizers. a friend of mine started on the hardware side for t...
[7 replies] Last: hmm... ok. well no worries! thanks anyways (by Sean Kemper)
Counting characters, words, lines, digits, etc.

I am writing a program for my class in C++. For this program we are required to use different fuctions and prototypes outside of main. We have to determine th...
[1 reply] : It's a bit strange, but if I am right, you need to write a program , a... (by usmiech)
Understanding BOOL for a FOOL

I need to create a loop to return a minimum value using a boolean variable but don't quite understand how to format my algorithm. #include <iostream> usi...
[6 replies] Last: I would use /you don't know how many elements user is going to put/ i... (by usmiech)
Writing a vector to a file

I have written a function that is supposed to write a vector to a specified file. When I build the solution, I get this error: - Semantic error. Invalid operan...
[7 replies] Last: Perhaps a working example will be more productive. #include <iostrea... (by cire)
Tic tac toe

I'm making a tic tac toe function that has a computer as the x (first player) and then the user as the o (second player). So far my code is: #include <iostream...
[1 reply] : Use code tags for posting your code, makes it much easier to read. An... (by Callum5042)
Help creating date/calander

I'm trying to implement a Date class to create a simple application for " Major U.S. holidays calendar System ", that provides a list of major holidays for a g...
[1 reply] : I'm trying to mimic this programs's output: Welcome to CSC262 Holida... (by morano773)
Checking with Vectors

So I've been making a small game using C++, and I made 2 blocks (32 by 32), but I want to check collision with the main block, the collision work fine, but when...
[no replies]
menu driven program

Write a menu-driven program that allows users do two options: Option 1: It can tell whether a word, phrase, or sentence entered at the keyboard is a palindro...
[2 replies] Last: i dont know to put these two program together (by jigsaw786)
Trying to understand C++ Linked List

I'm fairly new to C++ and just started going over more advanced data structures. This weeks homework was about Linked Lists. I understand the concept but am sti...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks everyone for the help! Especially Cire and thejman250!!! The co... (by zander94)
aaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaa
[3 replies] Last: Change last line to: std::cout << monkeyFood ; ... (by MiiNiPaa)
File input

I'm having some trouble with file input. friends of jimmy: alice 301.2 I have the above file and would like to output it like this: jimmy is friends with al...
[7 replies] Last: If your compiler supports it (C++11), you can use double value = std:... (by cire)
When does a reference become invalid ?

I tried to answer the question myself and came up with an example. #include<iostream> using namespace std; class A { public: int a; A(int aa) ...
[2 replies] Last: It's like keeping the hotel key and sneaking back into the room after ... (by Cubbi)
Minesweeper Project

Hey guys i have almost done my minesweeper game can anyone help me on this final part for the player input thanks in advance. #include <iostream> #include...
[5 replies] Last: Looking forward to seeing your solution, Brandalf (by whitenite1)
email validation

Hi all, I am trying to learn c++ and this is what I have come up with. I want to apply email validation and the constraints that I want to put are - 1. first p...
[3 replies] Last: Use parentheses in conditions. I believe operator precedence will make... (by MiiNiPaa)
heap corruption detected after normal block (#133)

so im working on a project dealing with the heap, and i have 2 heaps in my driver. 1 i create and destroy in the main function and the other in a function. when...
[1 reply] : the .cpp file: #include"heap.h" #include <iostream> #include<iomanip>... (by number1clippersfan)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 1718192021... 51
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.