General C++ Programming - March 2013 (Page 18)

Ceaser Cipher Decryption

Hello, my purpose is converting bcç to abc (1 time shifting with decryption) you can wonder what is "ç". "ç"is one of the Turkish alphabet letter and I woul...
[4 replies] Last: Thank u so much I understand now. (by thomas1234)
Help with C++ homework!

I'm in desperate need of help with a homework assignment. I have to write a program that will take the user's birthday and offer calculation options: days ...
[5 replies] Last: THANKS for all of the help, I'm actually VERY new to programming entir... (by chem major)
help needed

xlt_bit_swap(const unsigned char in , long len, unsigned char out ) { for (long i = 0; i < len; i++) *(out++) = ((*in) << 4) | ((*in...
[3 replies] Last: To understand what tthe function does you can try the following code ... (by vlad from moscow)
Help Needed co-ordinate boundarys

I am writing a program which creates a set of coordinates that when plotted will reveal a syastro crescent moon character. If you imagine plotting a crescent mo...
[1 reply] : What I would do is have a separate image surface to work with; make th... (by LB)
Fortran to C++ converter

I have a FORTRAN code. I want to convert it into a C++ code. I'm trying to investigate whether it is possible to have a converter or rewrite the whole code w...
[19 replies] Last: Cubbi, I think there is some other problem because the call to fort... (by jerome12345)
help

result = result << 8; What does it mean?
[2 replies] Last: x<<y means 'x multiplied by 2 raised to the power y'. << is the bitwi... (by eklavya sharma 2)
by woomla
Why do compilers not accept '.' and '->' both for pointer and instances?

Why do compilers not accept '.' and '->' at the same time. I now a pointer requires '->' and an instance a '.', but why not let us use both? Obviously for a ...
[10 replies] Last: I find this a useless compiler functionality. I prefer to know by myse... (by S G H)
displaying a map

map<string,int>::iterator itr; for(itr=phone.begin();itr!=phone.end();itr++) { cout<<"the name is" <<itr->first<<","; cout<<"the ...
[2 replies] Last: @ajh32 Thanks ya...its working.. (by venkatacplpl)
Returning function array values average and highest/lowest

I am trying to create 2 functions, one that calculates and displays the average weekly food intake for 3 monkeys. (getAvg();) Name Average weekly intak...
[no replies]
by dahin
Output error dft() function

I am trying to use following code, but it gives error. Error message is like : OpenCV Error: Assertion failed (dims <= 2 && data && (unsigned)i0 < (unsigned)si ...
[3 replies] Last: I am using OpenCV library, and Mat & dft are from OpenCV. (by dahin)
=

ppp
[2 replies] Last: Hope it helped you #include <fstream> #include <iostream> #inclu... (by vintho)
Parse fixed width text file with c++

Hello, I am trying to read, modify, and output the modified file into another text file. I understand how to read a text file and output the file with an arr...
[no replies]
initialising a list

list<int>::iterator itr; for(itr=list2.begin;itr != list2.end;itr++) { *itr=rand()/100; } for the above code i am getting error like this.... ...
[1 reply] : hey ...i got it....i should have written as list2.begin() and list2.e... (by venkatacplpl)
by coder1
scanf till EOF

hi, i know how to scanf till EOF but when i need to scan only 1 integer for example while (scanf("%d",&a)!=EOF) but when its more than one integer i dont k...
[8 replies] Last: @Smac89 : Your first solution may fail if the input line is longer th... (by tcs)
by zeak
How to make tabular format in STRUCT?

How to make tabular format in STRUCT? Help.
[5 replies] Last: Write a program of struct in a tabular form. Name Science English... ... (by ajh32)
What does this mean?

// Ex4_07.cpp // Initializing pointers with strings #include <iostream> using std::cin; using std::cout; using std::endl; int main() { char* pstr = { ...
[3 replies] Last: // Ex4_07.cpp // Initializing pointers with strings #include <iostrea... (by Smac89)
Gradebook help! (array using for loop)

I have a grade book assignment that I can't for the life of me figure out. I am relatively new at C++ so I'm sure it's not difficult, but I still need help. H...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> using namespace std; double get_average(doubl... (by toomanystars)
C++ logic

I'm having trouble understanding why it is printing these values out. The answer is : A, B , ~B, ~A, A,B,~A I understand the cout stuff, but I think I am just...
[3 replies] Last: See: http://www.tenouk.com/Module15a.html http://www.learncpp.com/cpp-... (by JLBorges)
pp

ppp
[6 replies] Last: I am not sure since I deleted the program I wrote for you but I think ... (by toomanystars)
Why Friend Class is not working? Remove Errors.

#include <iostream> using namespace std; class a{ friend class b; public: //public members... private: int a_mem; }; class b{ public: int ge...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks to Fransje, MikeyBoy and thejman. (by Rehan FASTian)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 1617181920... 51
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.