General C++ Programming - June 2013 (Page 16)

threading over the network with pthread or TBB ?

I'm wondering if there is a library for C++ that supports threading over the network, maybe with a threading pool and a specific protocol; or if there is just a...
[10 replies] Last: Have a look at a product called Condor. It allows you to execute tasks... (by Zaita)
How to make a dynamicly sized container of classes that can be modified.

I want a dynamic container that I can add items to or remove items from and that will allocate memory automatically, unlike an array. But I also want something ...
[no replies]
problem with code

do { cin>>location2; } while(location2!=1 && location2!=2 && location2!=3 && location2!=4 && location2!=5 && location2!=6 && location2!=7 && locatio...
[11 replies] Last: [quote=TheIdeasMan]Even if there are 3 choices, a switch is worthwhile... (by thejman250)
by cyphor
Need some guidance on creating a 2 dimensional console base game

here is what i got so for my code. #include <iostream> #include <windows.h> using namespace System; using namespace std; int refreshDisplay(int , int...
[1 reply] : create an image buffer and loop across all pixels to display the image... (by DeXecipher)
connecting a client and server app (1,2)

I need to create a client and server program. The client will have a GUI that will display all the available servers (since more than one will be running) in a ...
[24 replies] Last: Servers say "I'm a server!" and clients say "Who are the servers?" (by LB)
what to do c++??

Hi, I am a 14 year old and i really love programming. I have learned some c++ and tried doing something, but every time i try i just get stuck on finding an ide...
[7 replies] Last: And this list is mentioned from time to time on cplusplus.com Martyr2... (by andywestken)
Please help - templates and function pointers

void extf(int a) { } template<typename P> struct A { // 1 template< void (*F)(P) > static void call(P arg) { (*F)(arg); } // 2 static void c...
[6 replies] Last: > The problem is with passing the function address to be a template ar... (by JLBorges)
highway simulator

i want to draw a highway, this simulator must not be graphical (must draw by "|" and "-" and...) . this highway include 3 type of car,1- heavy 2-light heavy 3-l...
[3 replies] Last: Looks like a homework assignment. We don't do your homework for you. ... (by ajh32)
Help required with Qt GraphicsViewTextItem

Hi! I am really stuck up with a task relating to Qt GraphicsView. Any help or suggestions will be highly appreciated. In my QGraphicsView application, I ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank You coder777... really appreciate your help. I didn't know abou... (by abhishekm71)
What is the diff between these 2 dynamic allocation

_Groups = (group **) new char[sizeof (group **) * NOMGRPS]; The above is the actual code I read.I just wonder what is the diff if I do _Groups = new grou...
[4 replies] Last: So if i refering to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5gUlnrUqqQ i... (by Disch)
Game of Life need help displaying the next generation

Hello, so I'm new to this site and I'm sorry in advance if I'm not following the rules of any sort, but right now I'm doing a project on Conway's game of life a...
[4 replies] Last: It helped a lot actually! Thank You!! however I'm still confused with ... (by PaddlePow)
Extra parameter passing to an overloaded binary operator function

I have a class matrixType that has some overloaded operators (+, -, *, and <<). With a view to having clearly-delineated, perfectly-formatted, four-sided matric...
[10 replies] Last: It is so-called the range-based for statement. Your compiler shall sup... (by vlad from moscow)
Please help me to correct this C++ console application

I'm very new to C++ programing. I'm getting 79 errors. Please help me to correct this... // leave System.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console applic...
[10 replies] Last: @zeromahesh: I wish I could help, but I'm not very experienced in that... (by Polaz)
Array

// Includes #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> using namespace std; // Main int main() { //Variables char names ; int salary ; int k, n...
[4 replies] Last: Nevermind, I have fixed it thank you for the help. (by Reaper1)
by zionet
GETLINE PROBLEM WHILE ON CYCLE, CYCLE NO SALE EVER

IS A PROBLEM #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { string line; int num; while( getline(cin, line), line != "$" ) { ...
[3 replies] Last: while( getline(cin, line), line != "$" ) // ^ /... (by LB)
by ben42
C++ Mex-File hangs with JAVA

Hi, I compiled a mex-file from a C++ code which use GMP and some uint64_t (I'm on a winXP 32 bits). This C++ code works perfectly in C++. But I noticed...
[no replies]
by bittar
Bezier curve

Hello EveryBody, Please i am so interested of your help. i need to know how can i extract control points from a specific character. (this case is it possibl...
[3 replies] Last: so you want something like this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr... (by coder777)
by soori
curious about what private will do exactly!!

hello, class Test { private: int pri; public: int pub; ... } main() { Test test1; set all variables cout<<"public: "<<test1.pub<<endl; //ca...
[6 replies] Last: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=C%2B%2B+private (by SamuelAdams)
simple question about objects and pointers

why they always use class_name *pointer = new class_name(arg) pointer->member() instead of class_name object = new class_name(arg) object.member() im...
[3 replies] Last: Hi, in Vlad from moscow's example MyClasss obj1; would be created on... (by NGangst)
how to get a value from input txtfile

int main() { string line; int i,ch; printf("\nEnter Length of Page-reference :"); scanf("%d",&n); // printf("\nEnter sequence: "); keyin metho...
[1 reply] : Hi Linabahar, it's not clear what you are trying to do. So it is very... (by NGangst)
June 2013 Pages: 1... 1415161718... 28
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.