General C++ Programming - July 2015 (Page 8)

dificulty with scope basics

In the following example how does the code "know" whether to use the scope operator function body or the one above it in class. They have many overlapping para...
[6 replies] Last: I went ahead and just for giggles I made some scope::member functions ... (by technologist)
by suppa
Conversion problem

I am having trouble converting the numbers into its English version for example $723.63 to Seven hundred and twenty three dollars and sixty three cents. Also m...
[7 replies] Last: Sorry I thought that was the easy part. Here's another example. hope ... (by SamuelAdams)
Flight Class

Create a Flight class. A flight has an integer number, a string arrival gate, and an enumerated type for status. The enumerated type values are for o...
[2 replies] Last: You allready have the class design, you just need to implement those m... (by Gamer2015)
Some help

Hi guys! So I'm a beginner at C++. I've been playing around with it, since I wanna learn more and I found this site, so I will be asking some question here and...
[10 replies] Last: Alright, I don't know what I did but it seems to work right now. You ... (by shizzmynizz)
by homing
cast away const?

Hey, As far as i know casting away const is a bad idea, but what about the following example? Lets say I'm using a framework which returns me the width of a m...
[19 replies] Last: To me, this is a design issue. The real question is: Why are you cre... (by MikeyBoy)
Trouble compiling on SUSE 13.2

I've been programming on windows with DevC++ for a while and wanted to try some things on linux. I'm running SUSE 13.2 and installed gcc and Kdevelop. Now K...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, it works. (by SamuelAdams)
by Beezy
Help with Simple Looping Program

Ask the user how many data numbers to input, (c&d on input failure). For each input of a data number, prompt the with a 1, 2, 3, ... depending on which value we...
[4 replies] Last: Ohhhh OK got it! Thank you so much for the help and explanation!!! (by Beezy)
How to organize these things ?

Currently I have such modules: "types_enum.h" "constructors_enum.h" "common.h" "common.cpp" ... Take a fast look at my " types_enum.h ": enum __component_type...
[2 replies] Last: Who are interested might wanna look at my solution: common.h: ... /... (by Krogoth)
Coding help

Background info is a bit lengthy to understand the context of code. This is an equation to a Bi-linear Bezier surface. Given equation:S = {(P1 (1-u) + P2u) (...
[4 replies] Last: Your class should be contain (1) the data section relevant to the obje... (by TheKingOfTyrants)
Why does this give me an infinite loop?

This code is to read a file line by line. But it never stops running unless I leave the exit methods. What's wrong with it? void file::read(std::string ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for that, I've fixed the infinite loop. So it's not necessary t... (by cppnoob25)
Question regarding assembly

So here I am trying to get iPXE to compile on Windows using MingW-64, things were going very well but now I've hit a wall. It seems that "as.exe" doesn't like s...
[no replies]
Beginning C++

I would like to learn c++ but I'm confused by the c++ standards i.e c++11 and c++14. I would like to know how I can start. What resources should I use? Since m...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys. Am using windows so you've definitely been helpful. I thi... (by Andykibz)
by leetgb
Resistor Struct C++ programming

newbuie
[7 replies] Last: I would suggest the C++11 random library (http://www.cplusplus.com/ref... (by shadowmouse)
Confusion with Pointers and References

I'm working on some WinSock code and I'm having some trouble with some of the syntax. First off we have the WSADATA structure: typedef struct WSAData { WO...
[1 reply] : The second parameter is a reference which in the definition is a poin... (by Disch)
Help with my code

Hi guys I've been working on this for a while now and I cannot find any help on this There is 3 different parts to the code and I will mark where i need to f...
[1 reply] : Hi guys I've been working on this for a while now and I cannot find a... (by kbw)
by jwch
how to do this is C++?

Each valid number which is input by the player will be analysed and a hint will be given (except for last attempt). The hint mentions how many digits are placed...
[1 reply] : Sounds like your homework. Show us your attempt at it... (by cnoeval)
How to control and synchronize concurrent code execution

Hi. Suppose I have two programs where some sections of the code of one program file depend on the some sections of other program. How can I make sure that th...
[6 replies] Last: nice info to know (by csstudent123)
About template programming !

First to say, I am making a game. I need all objects to have intrusive lists with 1 global process, so that I call first object, and then each next performs it,...
[1 reply] : I heard, template programming is cool, so I wanna use it, but I am no... (by Disch)
by olette
Restricting string length and issues with string not being outputted

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; class Car { public: void setUp(string, int, string, bool, string); ...
[1 reply] : Every input I enter keeps giving me the invalid option when the numbe... (by Disch)
Question in initializing a constructor

When I initialize my constructor like this : Person::Person(std::string newName, int newAge): name(name), age(age) {} And have.. std::string ...
[2 replies] Last: Wow, I can't believe I missed that ! I looked right over it. Thanks fo... (by brittManka)
July 2015 Pages: 1... 678910... 15
  Archived months: [jun2015] [aug2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.