General C++ Programming - July 2015 (Page 7)

by Jack95
LNK 2019 error

Hi, I'm new to C++. Can someone solve this ? i had been building it correctly but when the time execute, the problem pop out. Here is my code. #include <io...
[1 reply] : Morning Can you put your code in code tags please? You have declared ... (by mutexe)
by Ozzy69
Help with malloc in c

Hi, when i put numbers differents in n1 and n2, the program stay with error. Help me. Look my code: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> void contagem(...
[1 reply] : Please use code tags: [co de] Your code [/co de] Read this: http://w... (by coder777)
Make Letters with Stars

Hi so I've been stuck for quite a while on how I would create the necessary loops to make letters with stars. So far I've tried to draw a T, but I'm not sure ...
[no replies]
C++ simple and easy to use Logger

Hello cplusplus community, I finished a project I was working on, CodeDiary. CodeDiary is a really small Logger I wrote for personal usage and just wanted to...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks JLBorges for your suggestions. I'll keep them in mind! Althoug... (by TheCrafter)
Computer Graphics with C++ !!

Does anyone know how we make CGI with C++ ? Thanks for answering !
[2 replies] Last: http://www.opengl-tutorial.org/ (by Duthomhas)
Resources for learning to create a simple game engine

I know this question has been asked similarly before, but the answers were not satisfactory. I'm a beginner c++ programmer, and want to develop my programmin...
[1 reply] : The book called Programming 2D Games. It's very easy to follow and inc... (by RaduV)
Call child method with reinterpret_cast or not ?

I have class A and method a(). I have class B : public A and new method b(). I can call b from A like reinterpret_cast<B*>(this)->b(); If I am 100% sure tha...
[5 replies] Last: > This is not much useful at all True. With polymorphic classes: fa... (by JLBorges)
public const*char const member versus protected char*

Hi msvc2013 emits a error on the following code class Buffer { public const char* data() const; protected: char* data(); } void foo() { ...
[3 replies] Last: Peter87 +1. To elaborate: > It seems that the compiler takes the pr... (by JLBorges)
by Ozzy69
What the error of code in C?

#include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> int main() { char i; for(i = 'a'; i <= 'z'; i++){ printf("%s ", i); } return 0; }
[1 reply] : You should be using %c for printing out characters. %s is for string l... (by funprogrammer)
by bsc123
getline not working

i am a beginner to programming and i dont know why this doesnt work. plz help #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main() { str...
[11 replies] Last: No problem :) (by AcarX)
& in a function declaration

This line of code was in the public section of a Class: inline string& Name(); //Name reference Can someone explain the significance of the &? How...
[1 reply] : std::string & func(); // Means it's a function that returns a referen... (by AcarX)
Malloc and Delete?

class Person { public: Person(char* szNewName) { // make a copy of the string m_szName = _strdup(szNewName); };...
[1 reply] : Can you do this? Mix and match new/delete and malloc/free? No. mal... (by Disch)
Extract minimum value from min heap

I am having trouble extracting the minimum value from a min heap, I am using vectors, for some reason the pop_back() function is not working...here is my code ...
[9 replies] Last: > how would I perform a backtrace? you write backtrace http://ftp.g... (by ne555)
by gabars
Open port for you application

Hi, I was messing around with boost.asio, trying to learn about sockets and I was wondering why did I have to add a rule in both my firewall and my router's fir...
[no replies]
by Sajla
Stream

I have started reading a c++ book (c++ primer 5th edition, Lippman) and im a bit confused with the term STREAM. I tryed google and got many answers but Im still...
[2 replies] Last: I got it, ty! (by Sajla)
by bobpit
function definition is marked dllimport

I am a total newbie in C++, so please forgive my very elementary questions. I did google but could not find a sensible answer. I used DevC++ to build and te...
[2 replies] Last: Hello codewalker You are right, thank you for the tip. After more ... (by bobpit)
What is going on here?

I wrote a function reverseVector() used in the program shown below:
[7 replies] Last: @JLBorges : Wow! I really appreciate your in-depth and insightful exp... (by geeloso)
by Ceset
Static Polymorphism with Templates

http://www.quora.com/What-unique-rewards-are-awaiting-a-programmer-who-goes-through-the-hardships-of-mastering-C++/answer/Brian-Bi?srid=hqvv&share=1 How can we...
[2 replies] Last: I can't believe templates and function overloading are polymorphism ty... (by Ceset)
Help with assignment

I'm finishing up an assignment and I am having issues getting my code to perform the output given. #include <iostream> #include <fstream> using namespace...
[1 reply] : > I am having issues getting my code to perform the output given. If y... (by ne555)
by Atton
Ping & Milliseconds

I've been trying to replicate the ping function in cmd. It does not however provide the time in milliseconds. So in short how can I get the milliseconds of a pi...
[7 replies] Last: Well I tried to implement it in the following code. I am going to assu... (by Atton)
July 2015 Pages: 1... 56789... 15
  Archived months: [jun2015] [aug2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.