General C++ Programming - July 2015 (Page 11)

by jessi
Merge two Linked ordered linked list

Hi, I am trying to implement a mergelist function that combines the elements in list1 and list 2 into a single list.I have derived the orderedLinkedList from t...
[1 reply] : What issues do you have? (by coder777)
Threads and memory

Hello all! I am developing a simple timer/clock program on Windows 7, Using SFML and Codeblocks with Mingw 4.7.1 compiler and include file "mingw.thread.h" ....
[no replies]
Help with CSV parsing

Hi, I'm pretty new to C++, and wanted to try and read a simple csv file. The format of the file is: 5 1,4 15,23 54,7 9,7 How do I read and store thes...
[3 replies] Last: you're welcome! (by Gamer2015)
Atomic operations

Hi, I was reading my book "Professional C++ 3rd Edition" by Marc Gregoire on the Atomic operations library and the multithreading library provided by the C++...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks to everyone that replied to this thread. For future viewers, he... (by TheToaster)
by cotro
Calling a function only to call vector functions it is inefficient?

Hello, I have a certain class whose a member it is a vector. I made this vector member a private member for prevent unintentionally changes, following Object or...
[7 replies] Last: it makes no sense to make a member private and then expose access to ... (by MiiNiPaa)
string error.

I want to read a text of more than one word and then replace the blank spaces with an underscore(_)..my program is showing error.please explain me. #include<...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> int main() { std::string s... (by JLBorges)
string

Is it possible to access a word from a string containing more than one word.??
[6 replies] Last: You can't with you current logic; as I just said, you need more logic!... (by andywestken)
string program

In this program i want to input several city names and display only those beginning with "B" or "C".my code is displaying the city name just after inputting the...
[2 replies] Last: thanku .it worked :) (by samarth123)
by heepoo
segfault from strcat

hi everyone, i'm working with lua, and when i want to load a script, using TinyFileDialogs, i get this segfault this is very anoying for me, please show me what...
[10 replies] Last: I've just released a new version (v2.2) including the filter descripti... (by oim oim)
how to protect array field form changing in one function

There is const keyword and it is simply to protect an argument of a function form changing. An example: void func(const int& arg) { arg++; // ERROR: it is ...
[6 replies] Last: Ok. I get your idea and I am sorry to - not accurate explanation, i tr... (by umka6970)
Not sure how to implement a deque

This is what I have so far but I know my push_back and front functions need work. Just want a little guidance here. #include <cassert> #include <vector> #inc...
[2 replies] Last: I am curious why you are implementing your Deque using std::vector. ... (by andywestken)
by olette
Unsure of why program is getting errors

So in my code I've setup height and radius to be private, and when I try to run the code the error I get is 'int Cone::height' is private(line 17) in this conte...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks for all your help, I ended up fixing it somehow. (by olette)
Communication between classes

I am creating a game using modular programming (I can replace any part of the code without affecting another part). Here is how i have it structured The Gam...
[2 replies] Last: Nevermind I found a solution. I am implementing an Event system into m... (by Cronnoc)
C++ most vexing parse

Hi, I've been reading about the "most vexing parse" and it looks pretty bad. Take this for example: int main() { Foo x(Bar()); } For those unfamiliar, ...
[2 replies] Last: Why don't they just get rid of the ability to do that that backward c... (by MiiNiPaa)
friend declaration of a template function of a template class

The following compiles except for the line commented out. struct A { template <int> void foo() {} }; template <typename, typename> struct B { voi...
[1 reply] : AFAIK, the friend declaration ought to be: template <typename T, typ... (by JLBorges)
Get a specific word from a line

Hi there i need some help extracting a specific word that is in quotes from a line. example: <P id="3" name="starting code" entry="1"></P> i need to extr...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks will try use find() (by kibocha)
Seeking help

Deadgdsdhgsdhhc
[no replies]
by AcarX
Setting variable typename after initialization

Hi guys, so here's what i got: a Table class with std::vector<Row> variable a Row class with std::vector<Data> variable a Data template class Now as you...
[16 replies] Last: Well i already decided that i wouldn't be using this on database serve... (by AcarX)
writing data using C++ in RFID tag's microchip

we are going to have a defense in this sem's subject. we decided to make an ID system and im the programmer in my group. has anyone know about writing data...
[1 reply] : That all depends on your schema, doesn't it? The most simple RFID chip... (by Computergeek01)
Codeblocks doesn't work on windows 8 or 8.1

Hi guys, I really need your help. I just purchased a new laptop, it has windwos 8 operating system, and I am trying to practice my c++ code, but it gives me er...
[3 replies] Last: But at the same time, you shouldn't need either 'glew' or 'sndfile' fo... (by Computergeek01)
July 2015 Pages: 1... 910111213... 15
  Archived months: [jun2015] [aug2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.