General C++ Programming - July 2013 (Page 31)

Making cpp code platform independant

Hi everyone, I have been working in java for some time. I am currently working on developing plugins for ETL tool in java. That ETL tool has been developed usi...
[7 replies] Last: Yes indeed I need to do more study on the performance difference and s... (by nishant126)
Data management

I have been working on a Space Invader clone and was wondering what is the best way to keep copies of the same data to a minimum. Say I'm working on a container...
[no replies]
by Daven
Simple LED type display Visual Studio 2008

Hi Guys, new to this forum but am looking for a simple LED type control for Visual Studio 2008. I just need a control that I can add to the toolbox where I ca...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks Andy, I will gove those a try. Regards, Dave (by Daven)
by vijkrr
auto pointer vs smart pointer

Can any one tell what is the difference between auto pointer and smart pointer? This is been asked in many interviews and I'm not able to answer to this que...
[1 reply] : Smart pointers are objects which own dynamically allocated memory, and... (by Disch)
progress bar almost working

im close to getting this......the progress bar for wininet client ftp int index; CString strText; index = m_dir.GetCurSel(); m_di...
[2 replies] Last: bump....please read the first post anyways..... I added this instea... (by terryeverlast)
wxWidget: Displaying results

My Program is a simple function calculator. The user is asked to provide two inputs. The program is to run the inputs through a function and spit out the answer...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you, i understood andywestken the first time, and I did convert ... (by Pheonix94)
by cwr2k
Can somebody help me spot the error here?

I'm getting the following errors when I try to build this simple program. I'm using Visual Studio 2013 Express for Windows Desktop. Error 1 error C2059: s...
[5 replies] Last: As far as I'm aware all C++11 features currently available should be e... (by cwr2k)
fstream is being a meanie

Well I was programming a map manager class to manage maps in my RPG. It loads how many maps there are in one text file, then it opens another text file and r...
[17 replies] Last: I was just about to edit my post and say this :P Thanks for your help... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by Gugia
Flex/Bison problems

Good evening!! Apparently i am having problems with this languages and it is very hard to find answers on the web about it. I am trying to run a program from O...
[1 reply] : I only found a book from Oreilly media "Flex and Bison" about text pro... (by Bourgond Aries)
by rain
Need help with passing function as argument to other function

Hello. I am trying to pass function as argument to another function. My idea is to write function that can works with any type of array, and for it to be able...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your quick response that helped. (by rain)
Random crashes with "Process returned -1 (0xFFFFFFFF)"

I randomly get this when I execute my program. Sometimes it happens three times in a row sometimes it can go about 10 times before it shows up again. I was not ...
[12 replies] Last: I may have phrased that wrong, I mean the input is already in a char a... (by maeriden)
Error while compiling using c++11

Hello I want to take the value from a file named "RectCoordinates.txt" and then check the conditions in function- "get_touching_rectangles" and give output. ...
[11 replies] Last: First read the whole file, close it, then run get_touching_rectangles (by ats15)
List class with Student type

I am trying to use a class Student and declare it as a list type. I can pushback but without changing the List.h or Node.h how can I print the data in list2? ...
[6 replies] Last: Awesome that worked great! Thanks for your help on this. (by t2nator)
Software Development Degree?

My apologies if this is the wrong forum for posting this question. I have been searching for hours and have not found an adequate answer to my question. I kn...
[1 reply] : If you want to be a software engineer (rather than a scientist), then ... (by Cubbi)
Default AND explicit destructor?

Hi, let's say I have a class A with data members that are themselves classes (strings, vectors etc.). I know that if class A doesn't have an explicit destructor...
[11 replies] Last: I don't know what "builtin" means, ... From context, I take it DTSCo... (by andywestken)
Help Installing boost: building libraries

Hi, LeafyCircuits here! Comp Specs: OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Compiler: MinGW v4.6.2 running C++11 (separate from Code::Blocks) IDE: Code::Blocks v12.1...
[13 replies] Last: @ coder777 You do realize that "bootstrap" builds bjam, and "b2" is ... (by Duthomhas)
by Snaksa
Linked List functions

Hi again! I have a problem with the parameters of two of my functions: typedef List<int> Dlist; template<class T> Dlist concat(Dlist L1, Dlist L2)...
[4 replies] Last: To begin with, there is no way for the compiler to deduce the type of ... (by cire)
by jskako
Help with read\write

Hello everyone, Tomorrow I have a test and some things I did not understand, so I asked you for help. I'm interested to read something from the file "example....
[5 replies] Last: no c not c++. and then what more do you need to know. just open it get... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Pointer in Union

Hi, In the current code,We are using pointer of union and assigning value. class sample { union { short *two_int; int *four_int; ...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks a lot for reply.Does reverse function matter on 32 bit to 64 bi... (by agoswami)
String

int main() { char StudentName = { "Hermine", "Paul", "Gertrude", "Leon" }; cout << "Student Names"; cout << "\nStudent 1: " <<...
[6 replies] Last: I do not know what you are promising there. cstring does not contai... (by vlad from moscow)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 293031323334
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.