General C++ Programming - January 2013 (Page 24)

error: expected primary-expression before ']' token

I'm getting an error while compiling my program. Any suggestion please. I'm getting "error: expected primary-expression before ']' token" in lines 13 and 20. ...
[4 replies] Last: Okay I'll change that. Thank you so much :) (by rania om)
C++ Class, pointer and initialization help needed?

Ok so ive got a class called Imagehandler, this has a few functions, the main 2 giving me trouble are the "loadSprite" function and the "createBuffer" function....
[2 replies] Last: Or if you really must allocate the BITMAP objects on the heap, then so... (by ajh32)
Nodes

I have an assignment in my C++ class which is in node. The user input 5 numbers of nodes and get the sum and average of the nodes. Csn you please give me a code...
[1 reply] : [quote=blaisians]C a n you please give me a code. No. You get homewo... (by closed account 3TXyhbRD)
memory problems

I am using VS2008. I have a Windows Service application which creates Crystal Reports. This is a multi theaded application which can run several reports at on...
[19 replies] Last: Thank you all! Problem solved. Thread is closed (by Banananas)
Bank account

Greeting everyone! It is the first time i post something in this forum, so i'll do my best. I have the following assignment (I apologize for the bad trans...
[2 replies] Last: Hi there, [quote=leatorres87]* I've never worked with a struct within... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Really important..thank you for your help.

#include <cstdlib> #include<iostream> #include<cmath> using namespace std; int factorial(int f){ int l=1; for(int i=f;f>0;i--){ l*=f; ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you very much for your help (by mohamadh95)
Weird string bug

So i was making this program that works with text. It reads 1 line at a time and does stuff with that line ( counts the number of words in it and how many words...
[1 reply] : Oh nwm, my roommate helped me out. Appereantly the text itself was in ... (by iVeBenche)
Cstring question

Hi, first post here. I'm a new programmer so I'm still trying to get familiar with everything. I have an assignment where I need to read in a phone number into...
[4 replies] Last: I need to read in a phone number into any array Use a loop and ci... (by buffbill)
Cannot Find Included Class

I have the following file (I did everything in the .h file as I think that is a much cleaner way to do this, I realize my compile times will increase. I am much...
[7 replies] Last: @TTT Sure thing! https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8241732/workspace.zip Thanks... (by officialhopsof)
What are IDEs written in?

Hey guys I was wondering if programs are written in IDEs what are IDEs written in?
[18 replies] Last: There might be licensing issues with that to be honest... Perhaps they... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
AVERAGE FUNCTON

hello I have been having trouble writing a program to ask a user how many tests theyve taken, then calculate the average of that, and then return it to main (I ...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> int Average (int tests ) { int count,aver,total... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
I can't fathom this. It should probably be a dynamic array.

The following program needs a user set number of players. I then must calculate their batting average. The output will include playername, jersey number, averag...
[2 replies] Last: #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> #include <math.h> using namesp... (by Smac89)
Un/Down heap

Hello! At test tutor gave us strange task. 2. Let T be an array of floating point numbers, all unique. Using binary heap find k smallest values from T. -voi...
[3 replies] Last: You could look at it as a heap and not as an "array". It depends on yo... (by closed account 3TXyhbRD)
by Exiled
Using a member within a pointer function(that is located in the same class)- segfault

I'm currently programming a server which uses multiple threads- I have a class for one map in the game. Each map has a thread for timed events(tile regeneratio...
[11 replies] Last: usandfriends: It crashes- it doesn't have a "blank screen". Smac89: T... (by Exiled)
Periodic Table

I wrote a "Periodic Table" program, and would like.. 1) Any ideas to make better 2) Any corrections to wrong data info 3) Instructive criticism. Here's th...
[11 replies] Last: @usandfriends Yep. Feel free to keep it. Add on to it, also, if you w... (by whitenite1)
by skarla
Files

My source works perfect.The problem is that the (remove(),rename()) functions works but return nonzero number,so they fails all the time. Why?? THANKS. ...
[1 reply] : -To make code not easily breakable, give more leverage (less strict ru... (by Smac89)
by Wahaj
ASM to C++ Conversion... HELP!!!

Hello everyone. Got some serious problem. I'm good in C++ but I have no idea about ASM. I have to convert the following ASM Code to C++... Anybody knows how ...
[2 replies] Last: I don't even know what environment that is for. Why does it have to b... (by kbw)
by korbul
Weird exit code

Hello c++ nation. I have a small question. I got back to an old project of mine recently. It's an unfinished game made with OGRE. It has some errors and bugs...
[1 reply] : The exit code is the value returned from main() or passed to exit(). ... (by kbw)
football game errors!

//v=0 is for up to down, v=1 for down to up //k=0 for lft to rite , k=1 for right to lft //no graphics sc1/2 are scores #include<iostream.h> #include<con...
[9 replies] Last: @ResidentBiscuit this is what we have to in India in schools, we canno... (by PalashBansal96)
Occlusion Culling; Optimization? (1,2)

I have just finished a section of a voxel engine that only renders visible faces of the cube, but it still runs at a unsatisfactory speed which I would like to ...
[20 replies] Last: I'll agree that the use of Vertex Buffer Objects would be a good start... (by NGen)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 2223242526... 36
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.