General C++ Programming - January 2013 (Page 15)

Question (Need help)

Wassup, I'm in a bit of frustration right about now. I'm having trouble with a simple program that I need done by tomorrow, Im not that good of a programmer. ...
[3 replies] Last: I now know where the concept of "Free Love" from the sixties hippy mov... (by pogrady)
by Elidor
Vector<shared_ptr> Problem.

Hello for some reason I'm having a hard time understanding smart pointers, specifically shared_ptr in this case. Could someone please tell me what i'm doing wro...
[4 replies] Last: Edit: Sorry it works now thank you. Forgot to change the prototypes. A... (by Elidor)
Largest/Smallest Int, Short, Long using Pow()?

I'm trying to figure out how to compute the largest and smallest int, short, and long, both signed and unsigned, using pow(). (Obviously not computing min unsig...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/climits/ (by helios)
by gtm
Am I deciphering this right? TIC++ Chap3

So Im reading through thinking in C++ and I got to the reinterpret_cast part in chapter three and have spent a long time staring at this.. I find it odd they us...
[10 replies] Last: thanks cire I do try to look things up, but a lot of the reference pa... (by gtm)
why doesnt this work

#include <iostream>; using namespace std; void Quicksort(int info ,int left,int right){ int pivot = left + (right - left)/2;//it is the middle (will cha...
[5 replies] Last: I would suggest referring to whatever algorithmic source you're using,... (by cire)
Hungarian Algorithm

I have been implementing the Hungarian algorithm, and have run into a problem. I know how to transform the cost matrix to the point where the number of lines ne...
[1 reply] : http://community.topcoder.com/tc?module=Static&d1=tutorials&d2=hungari... (by cahphoenix)
Convert date to time_t

Hi all, I am writing a C++ program which takes date & time input from the user. This is then parsed into a struct such as: struct time { short year; ...
[2 replies] Last: That's terrific, thanks :) (by shinkansen)
Problem with serial port readline()

I am trying to read serial data into c++ I used an online tutorial authored by kle8309 (on YouTube) that worked nicely for sending serial data but it will n...
[no replies]
by blakew
HELP! c++ need advice

I am a student who has been asked to create a text based minesweeper game with these specifications using C++ using visual studio 2010 "Turn 1 - Mines Left 1...
[no replies]
SDL font not showing (1,2)

hello, I am quite new to the SLD_ttf lib and I have been following the Lazy Foo' tuts on it but the text is not appearing. I have found out that it is not loa...
[21 replies] Last: SDL_image that is what i have for it but it doesnt work SDL_SetVideo... (by S G H)
Where to define a large number of objects

Hi, I am trying to run a simulation with a large number of objects (mainly arrays and vectors). I am not sure where shall I define my objects: inside or outs...
[3 replies] Last: Could you please, Cubbi, explain a bit more about your opinion: In th... (by dekeenfrance)
Boost lexical_cast Performance

I just found this interesting: http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_52_0/doc/html/boost_lexical_cast/performance.html#boost_lexical_cast.performance.gnu_c___version_...
[1 reply] : I wonder what happened to coerce_cast Are you referring to boost::co... (by Cubbi)
Online Programming Contest Kurukshetra

The battle of the Coders kicks off with hordes of programming geeks, ready to pit their coding and logical thinking skills to the test against the best on the b...
[2 replies] Last: I look both ways also, on a one-way street. Not just for dumb drivers,... (by whitenite1)
by toleen
Question in the language of the c

Hello Question is necessary if you allow it possible to work c language program reads the voice of Microphone or not If yes how could I pass this thing its
[2 replies] Last: Thank you Possible to clarify more how possible use it because I have ... (by toleen)
by arms4
BGM for c++

I'm currently using microsoft visual 2010. I know there is a way to produce BGM through c++ but i didn't find any decent guide or tutorial to teach me step by s...
[2 replies] Last: BGM typically stands for "background music" There are several ways to... (by Disch)
by Elidor
STL sort failure

Could someone please tell me why the STL sort method in this program aborts the program. #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> #include...
[4 replies] Last: Once again thank you for the help. Unfortunately I wasn't aware/overlo... (by Elidor)
While Loop Array HELP PLEASE!

Use code tags.
[no replies]
OSTREAM and ISTREAM overloading

Hi guys is this code is good or i still need getter and setter functions #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; class VEHICLE{ // Cla...
[2 replies] Last: It's still bad. Your operator>>() overload outputs to the standard out... (by closed account 3TXyhbRD)
C++ difficulty (1,2,3)

Hello I have a problem with this task at the moment: A concert agency wants to manage their events to introduce a new computer system. It is an event by mea...
[50 replies] Last: Can please somebody help me . I have to complete this task till tomor... (by Casey21)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 1314151617... 36
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.