General C++ Programming - February 2016 (Page 13)

How do I convert a hex number as a string to an int as a string?

So, I have a comand-line program where a user types a number that they want to use in int form. The program takes the input string and converts it to an int. Ho...
[4 replies] Last: Never mind, it doesn't matter. You have NO IDEA how much easier it'll ... (by RealGiganitris)
Error writing registry key c++

Hello, i have this code this code read exe's path and create a registry key with the path as value but he give me an error! why? error: invalid cast from type ...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah Thanks a lot!!! For people who need it: this is the working code... (by Mario Valentino)
by jp003
I am confused and need to clean up this code.

I am unsure how to clean up this code the way it needs to be. This initial version of the program relies on treating each attribute of a song as a distinct,...
[no replies]
Encrypted arithmetical operations c++

Hi, I need help with a c++ code. Program is supposed to read a 1st .txt file, encrypt the text, make the arithmetical operation (add, substract, etc) and put t...
[2 replies] Last: Anyone? :( sorry for double post didnt know in which forum to make the... (by mancigol)
by kbs96
Input File transfer?

Okay so I completed a homework assignment that required me to open an input file. So everything worked out and I put the .txt file in the debug folder of my pro...
[2 replies] Last: What would I zip together? The only two files in the project folder is... (by kbs96)
syntax in uml class diagram

i having problem to read attractions:Attraction[*] and Malls:string[*} what is this mean?
[18 replies] Last: So - the post accusing @mike9407 of being a troll is left here, but my... (by MikeyBoy)
Copying and deleting pointers with arrays

Copying one pointer to another element by element in C++ and getting "Error in `./hsc.exe': double free or corruption (!prev): 0x0000000000aadcc0 *** Aborted (c...
[4 replies] Last: Yes. You are right. I should be focused about copying the data itself ... (by moxit1045)
What is .dll files?

As beginner I shouldn't concern about it, but still I'm thinking about that what is the .dll files are, like Headers are files wheres all functions have writte...
[1 reply] : http://bfy.tw/4E53 (by TarikNeaj)
I want to use libssh for a uni project but I need to gauge how hard it is to set up

I have a C++ module and next year I will be expected to produce a final project loosely containing elements of all other modules I am choosing, I want to know h...
[1 reply] : For installing take a look here: https://www.libssh.org/get-it/ It s... (by coder777)
Function pointer question.

Is it a bad thing to make a function pointer? I remember reading up somewhere it was. I'm asking this because let's say we have a class with pure virtual functi...
[8 replies] Last: Ah okay@cire I understand, anyways thanks guys for all the information... (by rabster)
Painters Function

I have made a simple paint program, and eventually I added a fill function, and it does properly fill but it instantly crashes. When I run a debugger, it is say...
[7 replies] Last: Also, the width and height are set in the resize function It is proba... (by lordseanington)
Covert hexadecimal to binary using dynamic array

I have to create this program that reads in data from one file, places it in a 2D dynamically allocated array, and writes it in binary to another file. So far I...
[no replies]
Graphic programming

alright im not all that good at programming but i want to learn how to do graphical programming to add images and create GUI for some of my programs. sadly...
[3 replies] Last: If you just want a GUI, or the GUI is the main part you are focussed o... (by TwilightSpectre)
Stack, Infix to Postfix

I'm having trouble with my program. This program is supposed to convert an infix expression to a postfix expression. The problem is the program still outputs th...
[no replies]
Sorting of a string vector based on an integer vector

Hi , I have two vectors vector<string>names={"Raymond","Cynthia","David","William","Mike"} , then i am doing a get_mark() call on each student to get vector<in...
[2 replies] Last: Have you considered std::vector<std::pair<std::string,int>> that hol... (by keskiverto)
find_first_not_of problem

I've been working on a parser for a while and i seem to be having an error with a certain bit of code "find first not of". The main issue i'm having is that whe...
[5 replies] Last: Hi, I thought this might help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shunti... (by TheIdeasMan)
How to load JSON from file with jsoncpp?

I'm making the switch from boost::json to jsoncpp, but I am having trouble utilizing jsoncpp to load JSON objects from a .json file. Namely, I do not know how t...
[4 replies] Last: So jsoncpp doesn't support JSON paths with dots between each level, li... (by wh1t3crayon)
by Xriuk
Changing parent inherited members visibility

I have this: class B : public A{}; class C : public B{}; How can I make C edit A's visibility to protected/private?
[13 replies] Last: [quote=cire]You could adjust the access of level of the inherited memb... (by MikeyBoy)
Is there a more elegant way to initialise from two vectors of pairs at the same time

I have a vector of pairs of characters, I want to initialize the first and last pair with the first values of two other vectors of pairs of < char, float> ca...
[5 replies] Last: Boost also provides a useful drop-in if you want to stick to iterators... (by Duthomhas)
Compilers

MSVC is too heavy to download for my PC. And online compilers are limiting my learning. So I was looking for new compilers. What do you guys prefer? I have hear...
[8 replies] Last: > They mentioned compiling the Windows specific stuff with the regular... (by JLBorges)
February 2016 Pages: 1... 1112131415... 21
  Archived months: [jan2016] [mar2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.