General C++ Programming - February 2016 (Page 11)

reversing char array

so im suppose to open a file, create a char array and use getline to read lines from the file and put it in the array. Then im suppose to create a function that...
[2 replies] Last: You are printing data immediately in a function so you can only do som... (by naaissus)
Parsing Command-Line with Options

I understand the basic idea of parsing parameters, but I do not understand how to convert the strings into static boolean variables. The static boolean constant...
[1 reply] : Why is the variable static? Anyway: You set the variable to true when... (by coder777)
operator precedence

Can anybody explain (step by step) to me why the following program output 8? I was expecting 3 as the output. int main() { int a=5,b=2,c=9,d=1; b*=!d+b-...
[4 replies] Last: thanks a lot Peter (by khizaryz)
all permutations with repetition of vectors of strings.

Hi all I am trying to convert this loop that work exactly as I need on chars of strings. void Permutenr(const string& input, string output, int r) { ...
[2 replies] Last: @JLBorges Thanks again for your help with the last two questions I ha... (by Bdanielz)
Dynamic Array

Hey guys, I need some help here. I think most of the required code is finished, but I'm struggling to actually set my input values equal to the memory address o...
[15 replies] Last: It was obviously wrong to me, but I didn't understand why. You were ha... (by WakeofMisery)
by BaluT
WMI: Call to Put(..) fails with mismatch

Hi, I am trying to use the WMI removeResourceSetting() method of Msvm_VirtualSystemManagementService class to remove the attached disk. To use this method, ...
[1 reply] : Tried with the following but no luck. Any suggestion. IUnk... (by BaluT)
running the program takes up space in my c dive

Hi guys, i am a student learning computer programming currently using visual studio. Everytime i tried to run the program my computer disk space OS(C:) get l...
[8 replies] Last: anyone else know? sorry i am urgent cause i need to use my computer on... (by firedragon1)
Reverse Polish Stack Help

I have to create a Reverse Polish Stack that's managed or maintained by a linked list. I have done quite a bit of researching and versed myself in what big o no...
[9 replies] Last: My questions are: How would I use this new object, call the construct... (by TheIdeasMan)
by Kyle M
Recursive Palindrome

I am trying to finish my program and it keeps saying that it is a Palindrome or it is not all the time when I tweak my code. I believe the problem is in the fun...
[13 replies] Last: Thank you very much! It works great. (by Kyle M)
Pass by value VS Pass by reference performance TEST

Hello. Look at this code: #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> #include <time.h> using namespace std; struct Cubo { double a, b, c, d, e, ...
[9 replies] Last: You might not be timing anything at all. Since neither function does ... (by dhayden)
How to copy one array to another incrementally

My goal of this function is to incrementally load packages(integer elements) onto each truck loadspace (the columns of the 2D array with 20 empty elements) whil...
[2 replies] Last: Please use code tags. If you have a question, please ask it. (by dhayden)
Need to make a word separator! PLEASE HELP

Hey guys, I need to make a program for HW, I've been on it since yesterday I can't seem to figure it out. I've attempted many different things so not trying to ...
[14 replies] Last: Nice, I'm jealous haha. I just started programming, its interesting bu... (by jspence300)
C++ and files: input operation doesn't work

Hello, see this code: int main() { fstream myfile; myfile.open("test.txt", ios::out | ios::in | ios::app); // APPEND 3 STRINGS TO THE FILE for (...
[9 replies] Last: Ok, I'm sure you've got this understood by now. I just wanted to add t... (by Chervil)
by tnt980
create function that finds base log

i need help im not getting the correct results /* * File: main.cpp * Author: Guest * * Created on February 12, 2016, 11:04 PM */ #include ...
[3 replies] Last: its not giving me correct math Make sure that the prompts: "Please... (by Chervil)
by Zibux
Hi can you help me im getting 2 errors

Erors http://imgur.com/BHZEGyo Project https://failiem.lv/u/3rsybspw#_
[8 replies] Last: I fixed it dll injector works perectly fine But now i wanted to make ... (by Zibux)
copy constructor problem

int main() { Student *s1, *s2; s1 = new Student (3); s2 = new Student (*s1); s1->print(); // 0 0 0 s2->print(); // 0 0 0 s1->setMark (0, 70); ...
[3 replies] Last: Because s1 is a pointer (Student*) but the copy constructor expects a ... (by Peter87)
My new library

I have just opened myself a nice little site called mattcpp.boards.net and there i have my own custom library but to insall it you must copy the code there in y...
[no replies]
Keep getting error!

Thanks
[2 replies] Last: than you , that was stupid mistake. (by curiousfloridian)
Airplane Reservation

Help! I can't see what's wrong in my program I just put a part of my program in a function then the output is wrong but when I didn't put a part of my program ...
[no replies]
Player account creation! Help please

Alright im what we call a beginner programmer. Im trying to write a program and having issues with what im trying to do and sadly i cant find the info in my ...
[2 replies] Last: Thx for the links ill get to reading right now. Cant wait to learn (by DestLuck)
February 2016 Pages: 1... 910111213... 21
  Archived months: [jan2016] [mar2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.