General C++ Programming - December 2012 (Page 32)

Questions About Hash Tables

I am making a Hash Table with separate chaining as a project in school. I am mainly confused about the size that I need/want the hash table to be. The gener...
[no replies]
getline overloaded? helppp

"getline error: no instance of overloaded function "getline" matches argument" i keep getting that error and when i take out "getline(is, purchase.price,'\...
[3 replies] Last: getline takes a string as an argument. If your variable is not a strin... (by toum)
About fstream seekg

I open file like this: std::fstream in(fn, std::ios::in | std::ios::binary); if(!in.is_open()) return 0; Then in a loop i need to move cursor for...
[1 reply] : A bad_alloc() exception has nothing to do with the errors flags of you... (by toum)
Getline error

Hello, I cannot use a string and must read the characters of a file into an char array. However, I'm having problems with the getline function. Also I wou...
[1 reply] : readInFile(passwords ); passes the 40th element of passwords to the... (by toum)
Reverse Polish Notation

Hi! I'm doing this assignment and I'm stuck and dunno how to proceed. Basically I have 3 classes and I'm trying to work with complex numbers. #ifndef CRpnCa...
[2 replies] Last: in the main() i would be using an object of the class CRpnCalculator t... (by noisycoder)
by abera1
2 dimentional array help

i need to read a file from notpad and calcutate a two dimentional array Total Average ______________________________________________________________________...
[3 replies] Last: how can i do the first row....sum & average, the first colum...sum & ... (by abera1)
Tough function pointer error with assignment operator

Using a bubble sort function and having trouble with my 'Element temp' line. I get an error for the assignment operator (lines 14 and 16) that says Error: No o...
[5 replies] Last: Professor said this about the error: "You can't assign anything othe... (by Disch)
Compare begin() str1 to rbegin() str2

I am trying to compare, the beginning of str1 to the end(inward) of str2. For ex: str1 = "hello there"; str2 = "ereht olleh"; So is i test, they soun...
[5 replies] Last: Cant use boost for school work. I like boost but have to wait (by rkstengel)
Get data from sensors

Hi This is a curiosity that came up to my mind today. Does anyone have experience in getting data from any kind of sensors? Imagine i want a program that mea...
[9 replies] Last: What did you wind up buying? Please forgive this americans ignorance,... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
Visual Studio Graph making

Hi, I am using C++ on VS 2010 64 bits for scientific simulation. I need an easily implementable library (or libraries) to draw graphs based on my simulation re...
[4 replies] Last: Are you calculating each point on the curve yourself? (by Moschops)
how can i delete an index from an array

i am trying to make a function that takes a value that is in the array and remove it from the array. say i have int list1 = { 1, 5, 3, 10, 4, 5, 10, 1, 2, ...
[8 replies] Last: ok i got it to work and display the right size when its done. but if... (by jayadelgado)
Custom date type.

My program is using dates which exceed the bounds of 32bit time_t, in addition manipulating days via time_t is a pain. The idea is simple enough, convert a date...
[2 replies] Last: That was of little to no help. Fixed it regardless. (by RazorSkill)
Always the BUFFER!

Hi buffer again! A buffer overrun has occurred in mp7.exe which has corrupted the program's internal state. Press Break to debug the program or Continue to t...
[11 replies] Last: What's wrong with control characters cire? First eof now control chara... (by jlillie89)
Constructor error . Whats going on ?

I learnt about constructors today I am a noob, so I ran into this problem I declared a class called Cat class Cat{ private : string m_name; ...
[10 replies] Last: See my code in the comment above. Likewise. The code I posted compil... (by Moschops)
by Wurter
I need feedback/ comment on my work

Hi !! I recently graduated and went for an interview as a software engineer at a international company. They sent me an assignment as a final interview. I just ...
[2 replies] Last: I don't see an answer .... ???? (by SamuelAdams)
inherit constructor

I've searched google and looks around and found that it's possible to inherit a constructor from base class. But I simply don't know the syntax. I think the pat...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks for the helps... I am sorry, I am not too well informed... Th... (by rmxhaha)
I need some help with a company system

what I have done so far is #include <iostream> #include "conio.h" #include <string> #include <string.h> using namespace std; int main (){ co...
[1 reply] : you have not really done much given the nature of the project. i notic... (by elfico)
help me

Question 2 (45 Marks) This question is based on Block III – Unit 1 (Graphical User Interfaces) and Block III – Unit 2 (Designing Interfaces). It is intende...
[1 reply] : Tl;Dr http://cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1/ (by cnoeval)
blackjack picked card

hello i am working on a blackjack assignment, and i need to use a bool to keep track of aldready picked cards, but i just can't figre out how to. here's t...
[no replies]
by xuand
how to copy a file each 6 minutes

Hi everyone, Right now I'm working with streams, I have to sense something and save the result 'continuously', the trick is that every six minutes I have to st...
[5 replies] Last: To do something every 6 minutes, I suggest boost.asio's async timer fa... (by Cubbi)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 3031323334... 43
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.