General C++ Programming - August 2023 (Page 2)

by oddy
About type inference for function templates

I use the function read to read an integer from stdin in the code below: #include <cstdio> int read() { int x = 0, f = 1; char ch = getc...
[2 replies] Last: With C++20 it is possible to get a bit of narrowing for parameters wit... (by George PlusPlus)
Error in reading a byte from a file.

Hello, I am trying to read bytes from a file but it's just not working... My program reads graphic data from a file and then creates a png image. If i manual...
[11 replies] Last: Not sure what I did but its working now. It might have been to do with... (by Cyclone)
by Atom1
Register assembly in C++

We hired someone to build a wrapper dll so that our application could use functions in a managed .Net dll. This was done, and the dll works as it's supposed to,...
[2 replies] Last: You could call ShellExecuteW() with lpOperation set to "runas" ... (by kigar64551)
Will the 2nd -std=gnu++14 override the 1st -std=c++17 ?

A naive concept question: while I'm building a file/folder, for instance, here, I'm trying to build protobuf from source, one of the building commands is: ...
[1 reply] : The man gcc either does not mention, or hides the info from casual r... (by keskiverto)
August 2023 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [jul2023] [sep2023]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.