General C++ Programming - April 2013 (Page 36)

How do i create unique types like that of boost files?

I've been studying metaprogramming and reviewing many documents and code regarding boost files. What I've been trying to understand and accomplish is creating v...
[9 replies] Last: Great. Thanks for the help. (by pholotic)
Object oriented programming

I understand the basics of object oriented programming, but I'm having some issues with applying my knowledge with the cocos2d-x package. What I'm trying to ...
[5 replies] Last: Actually, the problem is that it doesn't break unless I tell it to ret... (by roger911)
Layers implemenation with C or C++

Dears, Kindly i would like to take your advice on below issue.I'm developing POS applications,The drivers of POS is given to my from POS vendor and all are w...
[no replies]
by BillH
vs 2008 project properties

Apologies if this is another simple problem but relative newbie again: i am using VS 2008 and have managed to work out how to include my own library files et...
[2 replies] Last: VS2008 files are .vcproj. .vcxproj files were introduced with VS2010.... (by kbw)
how to reverse a list

// I would like to add a new function to my class, "reverse" that would reverse the order of // the list. I have added a prototype in the "public:" section of ...
[4 replies] Last: Without testing List List::reverse() { List reversed; for ( ... (by vlad from moscow)
by vkt420
need help on a function

I'm getting a error on my Circle::Circle(double radiusValue) constructor. My instructions is 'Add a constructor that accepts one argument and uses it to set t...
[3 replies] Last: I'm getting a error What error? We can't read your mind.... (by MikeyBoy)
by Larry2
Two thing : splitting and comparaison.

Hi, I was wondering two theoretical things : 1) Forecasting a x00,000 lines of poo c++ code program, should I split it into different scripts and call t...
[2 replies] Last: Many thanks, It cleared it out :) Larry (by Larry2)
by bobc
[noob] get data out of a function to a GUI

Hi members! [edited, sorry, mistake in 1st version of text ;) ] My question is sure kind of noobish, because I want to start to develop my programming skills....
[13 replies] Last: Nice! Thanks LB for wasting your time on me! It is always very nice t... (by bobc)
Visual Studio forgot how to do math?

So I am using Visual Studio 2012 Professional, this is C++ code. I am just trying to get the remainder from a very simple division. Nothing difficult, heres t...
[9 replies] Last: @Polorboy Maybe these were what you are after. http://www.cplusplu... (by TheIdeasMan)
by Cut
ReduceFration and CommonDemoninator Help

Hey i have no clue what to put in the ReduceFration and CommonDemoninator sections. I know that you call the gcd function for ReduceFration and lcm function ...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/98400/ (by flony1)
Range Based For Loop in GCC 4.6.3

Hi Folks, I am a beginner in C++ and would like to try out a range based for loop. I am using gcc 4.6.3. According to the link below, gcc 4.6.3 should allow me...
[1 reply] : You must compile with the C++0x flag. (by firedraco)
Why are all strings constant?

I am very confused as to why all strings are always constant? Can someone help me out please?
[2 replies] Last: ok ty (by Anmol444)
HELP PLEASE:>

i'm trying to debug this, I was able to get it to compile but now there is a problem with the formula //Displays numbers 1 to 10 // times 2, 3 and 4 // exampl...
[5 replies] Last: i think that if i were to run the for loop with num < LIMIT the loop w... (by latewrong)
by aruna
Inheritance program

Help needed in a program with a class music with many derived classes of its instruments which further is classified into types of the instruments. can someone ...
[1 reply] : This might help: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=C%2B%2B+polymorphism (by MikeyBoy)
Urgent ArchWindow

Alright my problem with my code is no matter what I do it keeps giving me numbers way off. I know that the main issue is my setData but I really don't know what...
[18 replies] Last: I know that setData() is supposed to set my members ,but I have tried ... (by bwilson1)
Determine if a function has been defined (1,2)

I would like to make a handler for input events, but not be required to define all the functions. For example, if I had void mouseDown(int button,vec2 ...
[34 replies] Last: Why does it work if that's not what I do? It might work, if the code... (by MikeyBoy)
Can someone help me?

I am a beginner and this is my first week with 2D arrays. I have this code that is for a 2D array battleship program, but no I have to do the following
[1 reply] : So the boats only take up 1 index, and the board is 4x4? You can just... (by freddy92)
Error with function with objects as parameters

Ok, so I am creating code for a group project in my class. All my group members made a header file with an object in it with their functions. One of the functio...
[4 replies] Last: I think I figured it out. class Amulya was trying to reference a clas... (by firewall200)
Please help, I'm desperate

This is my first topic here, so let me know if I missed information I should have added! I'm really new to programming, so bear with me. I've been sitting...
[3 replies] Last: I ended up adding in an else statement to the code, and it worked! Her... (by xxastraxx)
any amount of help would be greatly appreciated

I need to write a program that merges the numbers in two files and writes the results to a third file. The program reads input from two different files and writ...
[1 reply] : You could start by reading numbers from a stream. (by keskiverto)
April 2013 Pages: 1... 3435363738... 53
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.