General C++ Programming - April 2013 (Page 34)

database connectivity

hey , i am using this code for database connection but it is giving error #include "/opt/redknee/home/rel76d1/mediation//3rdparty/ocilib/include/ocilib...
[2 replies] Last: can you please help me how to give a database connection to a c++ code... (by ramsavi)
Insertion Sort Runtime Error

I am trying to run this program for Insertion Sort, But some how I am getting some problem: #include<iostream> int main(){ int i,j,key,n; scanf("%d",&n); in...
[2 replies] Last: Standard C++ allow only arrays which size is known at the compile time... (by MiiNiPaa)
Wrong data type

How would I check for proper data type when someone is to input a value into the program? Ex: int i; string a; cout << "Enter a number: "; cin >> i; ...
[4 replies] Last: template <typename T> inline void validated_input(T& value) { whi... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Dk786
advice on file i/0 please

hi, so im reading in binary numbers from a text file in c++. So the first line of binary numbers go like this: 1100000000000000 so i use a string array to store...
[4 replies] Last: @Bourgond Aries thanks i found out how to use bitsets thanks for your ... (by Dk786)
Problem Merge Sort For Large n

My programs gives a segmentation fault for large n (n=9999999). It works fine for small n. Where n = total numbers to sort List<long>* Merge(List<long> *Pa...
[4 replies] Last: I have changed my code and declared the Lists on heap but still it giv... (by Farrukh12)
Last piece of data is copied

Hello, after finally deciding to change the code around a bit from my previous forum post, I got it to work. The code, however, copies the last piece of data w...
[9 replies] Last: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/729692/why-should-files-end-with-a-... (by cire)
Compile Error

I'm trying to compile my program, but I keep getting the error: employee1.cc: In function ‘void Open()’: employee1.cc:379:11: error: ‘stoi’ is no...
[17 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/98655/ (by crimsonzero2)
Help this is due soon!

I am not sure how to get the numbers to print in ascending order when I input them into numbers1.txt and numbers2.txt. I am having numbers repeat themselves amo...
[3 replies] Last: atoi/sprintf are totally unnecessary; the stream overloads are just fi... (by keskiverto)
Please help

I am having problems with some of the cases listed bellow code...any help you be great. for example I am having problems with number 4....but really I am having...
[2 replies] Last: All these would be fixed if you apply the method i suggested in your o... (by writetonsharma)
Selection, Insertion, Merge sorting using Linked List

I've been fussing around this particular problem for two days now and I can't seemm to get my head around it. Can someone enlighten me on this and if possible, ...
[1 reply] : Algorithms are not easy to understand and implement. Don't take the wh... (by writetonsharma)
What is the use of cerr?

In the following Code: // EX6_10.cpp // A program to implement a calculator #include <iostream> // For stream input/output #include <cstdli...
[4 replies] Last: I see thank you very much. But the thing is its from my book "Ivor Ho... (by Anmol444)
difference between delete p and delete [] p in following program.

I know delete p deallocates memory pointed to by p and delete p deallocates array. But what's the difference in the following program? #include <iostream...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks a lot Disch! (by Rehan FASTian)
Prime numbers over 1000

I tried making an array of 30...but nothing is coming out. Tried a combination of a while/for loop...but I think I'm confusing the program. Can I get some ass...
[2 replies] Last: ok...I'm new so I haven't searched far. Thanks Zaita. (by HaloMonkey8)
ifstream.fail() behaves not as described?

Hi, i have read today that fail() should return true "when some error other than reaching the End-Of-File occurs": http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/ios/ios/fa...
[1 reply] : Each I/O operation has its own requirements for setting the stream sta... (by Cubbi)
Help with calling the reduce function

The program works, but the rational number doesn't print as reduced. I guess i have to call the reduction function, but i'm not sure where. can someone help? t...
[3 replies] Last: never mind i guess i was thinking to hard actually i was trying reduct... (by gabym39)
OpenGL initialization

I am struggling very hard to start a very simple project with OpenGL 4.0 I have used different books, but some don't work for Visual Studio 2012, the one I hav...
[8 replies] Last: ok looks like it was very difficult I made it using MSVC 2012 and I am... (by Donanza)
please help

I have to write a program to compute average grades for a course. The course records are in a single file and are organized according to the following format: ...
[no replies]
by Smac89
Dynamic memory bug

I created the 2d array called activity in the following data structure. Although I have initialised it, it seems to be not initialised because I keep getting a ...
[1 reply] : Whoops I spot the mistake...line 12 (by Smac89)
In a Function template

Do I have to use T as a parameter type in order for the compiler to deduce it? For example this: template<typename T> T max(T x , const int& len) { ...
[5 replies] Last: I understand that except I just wanted to know. Thanks for clearing up... (by Anmol444)
Dev C++ on Windows 8

Hey, I was using Dev on windows 7, but I got a new computer which had windows 8 on it, unfortunately. Although I'm getting adapted, dev no lnger works with it. ...
[2 replies] Last: If you like Dev but want a newer version, try Orwell Dev C++. Does it ... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
April 2013 Pages: 1... 3233343536... 53
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.