General C++ Programming - April 2013 (Page 21)

Please Help me To getting started with my assignment

We know that in linked list we have one value and one pointer (to hold the memory address of next node). Note that it is not compulsory to have only one value. ...
[1 reply] : We know that in linked list we have one value and one pointer (to hol... (by MikeyBoy)
Converting Binary Digits To Hex

converting 8bit binary into 2 digit hex Any ideas on how to do this? im starting it now but going in the direction of using arrays will be back to post my cod...
[4 replies] Last: how would this be done using arrays? (by JohnBlaze)
MinGW doesn't compile

Hello everyone. I usually used Cygwin to do my compiling for c/c++ programs, but I want to get into gui programming and need MinGW for it. I did download it, ...
[7 replies] Last: > I am used to work directly with Mingw gcc from command line (or crea... (by JLBorges)
Final Year Project Proposal

I am considering making a C++ driven web site. The concept I am trying to acheive involves showing how C#,PHP,JSP can be beaten in terms of cache misses and mem...
[no replies]
Problem in Encryption / Decryption

I'm trying to implement simple symmetric key cryptography algorithm. In which provided a key and message stream it just XORs the character of key and message on...
[1 reply] : The problem is solved, I just added an extra if condition inside the w... (by ankit2313)
Please HELP with this program

Write a function named moneyAmount which receives four parameter values named quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies and then calculates and returns the total amo...
[2 replies] Last: First: Initialise your values to 0. Otherwise any data in that block o... (by Wrath89)
Can someone help? :/

Write a full C++ program that inputs three-digit integer, separates the integer into its individual digits and prints the digits separated from one another. For...
[5 replies] Last: hehe.... LOL.. you are right.. I didn't look at the code that time.. n... (by writetonsharma)
by Tam93
Help with Palindromic List

I would like to know how I can write a function to determine if the list read in from the bellow code is palindromic? e.g if say the list of numbers is 123456 t...
[1 reply] : const int ARRAYSZ = 9 ; int array = { 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 } ; ... (by JLBorges)
HELP WITH CONFUSING HW! O_O

Hi, I would really apreciate the help of anyone, i just need guidance, this Professor likes to confuse students! He is teaching us C++ but never mention a word ...
[1 reply] : let me try to answer part-1. Start small and just start with one requi... (by writetonsharma)
Retrieving Variables from Text File

Hey experts i have a quick question. I have a text file config.txt which has: "red = true" "blue = false" "children = 10" I want to write a code that re...
[1 reply] : std::string line; while(!Configure.eof()) { getline(Configure, line... (by writetonsharma)
by kcpolo
Writing a forward/back button

I am making a calendar to look similar to Outlook, but it is in c++ and I am starting from scratch. I have broken it into parts, and the part I am struggling wi...
[2 replies] Last: The project is to write a C++/FLTK GUI monthly planner page program al... (by kcpolo)
Help! Fix source code for rref-ing matrix

#define N 10 int i, j, k, R=5, C=5; double hold , D, M; #include <stdio.h> int main (void) { double a ={{1,1,4,1,2},{0,1,2,1,1},{0,0,0,1,2},{1,-1,0,0...
[1 reply] : - Always put code in code tags for better understanding of the code. -... (by writetonsharma)
Wierd Problem (1,2)

I have coded a solution to the following problem http://www.programming-challenges.com/pg.php?page=downloadproblem&probid=110106&format=html I have inserted ...
[24 replies] Last: Always good to trust your own ad hoc solutions over those that get use... (by cire)
Do static functions have access to non static data members of a class?

From my book: "A static function might have this prototype: static void Afunction(int n); A static function can be called in relation to a particular...
[7 replies] Last: Ok thanks :D (by Anmol444)
by Smac89
pointer to iterator access method

I created a vector of an object. Then I had an iterator of the vector which lets me access each object in the vector. If I create a pointer iterator and set it ...
[5 replies] Last: I am trying to implement dfs so I want to use iterator pointers intead... (by Smac89)
Hung File I/O

Trying to do some practice work, just wondering if anyone knows what is causing this file I/O to hang. int MorningRead (int i) { int FL600 = 0; ...
[5 replies] Last: Ahhh, right. Thanks I was tired and typed in the wrong one, works now. (by Wrath89)
undefined reference to

The following are the errors xx/trustmanager.o: In function `TrustManager::updateTrust(int, double, double)': trustmanager.cc:(.text+0xde): undefined refe...
[1 reply] : <nolyc> Undefined reference is a linker error. It's not a compile err... (by ne555)
by ostar2
loop only running once(if at all)

This program is meant as practice. However, it is not working as intended. The for loop is meant to take the argument from the user and use it as the amount of ...
[19 replies] Last: //... std::istringstream arg1(argv ); std::i... (by booradley60)
Confused please help!

From my book: "NOTE Static data members are automatically created when your program begins, and they will be initialized with 0 or its equivalent unless you ...
[8 replies] Last: Oh thanks :D (by Anmol444)
database

Explain the difference between the private and protected members of a class
[1 reply] : 1) What does this have to do with databases? 2) This is information... (by MikeyBoy)
April 2013 Pages: 1... 1920212223... 53
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.