General C++ Programming - April 2013 (Page 19)

error: character constant too long for its type In function 'int main()':

Hello, I started making a program that would convert your test results into a percentage, making snide remarks on your grade. I ran it through codepad.org, and...
[13 replies] Last: So I tested a slightly tweaked version of Lethal's code, and it seemed... (by ejuneau)
Using Vectors for a Clip/Cache

I've made it pretty far with a program but ran into a few problems. I'm trying to make it like a game. You would fire your gun, then have the option of reloadin...
[1 reply] : It doesn't look like you care about the elements stored in the vectors... (by Peter87)
Why do i get ignored on here?

Is it just me or does no one help.. :/ confused as this is a big c++ forum?
[8 replies] Last: My apologies, when posting on here i was stressed out lol and im sorry... (by j0rdant13)
by BillH
VS 2010 Express cant find include files

Hi there. I have been trying out SFML and have installed it and set up vs 2010 express to find the correct include and lib files. When I tried to compile my...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for your help writetonsharma. You were quite right. As soon as ... (by BillH)
Encapsulation and Abstraction

what is main Difference between Encapsulation and Data Abstraction?
[2 replies] Last: google can give some excellent definitions. (by writetonsharma)
Need help!

Task: Problem: Write a recursive function `seven_up` which takes a number and returns that number with all the sevens turned into eights. - Example cout...
[14 replies] Last: I need also this type of help so thanks a lots..... (by Heidiuuem)
Pointer address confusion

int numbers = {0, 1, 2, 3, 4}; int *ptr = numbers; ptr++; So i am still learning the main concept and uses of...
[5 replies] Last: Yea thats what I meant lol. (by Anmol444)
Multiple words from .dat file

I am trying to read text from a file that includes lastname firstname bloodpressure for example: Jones Tom 110/73 determine whether the blood pressure is ...
[2 replies] Last: After opening the file, you can simply assign each part of the .dat fi... (by zxrp)
Question about reading in data from a file and using getline function

Hi everyone. I am relatively new to C++ and I am trying to create a program that reads data about different songs in from a file and displays the total length o...
[1 reply] : The problem is that the operator>> expects a space as delimiter not a ... (by coder777)
c++ template class casting

hello all, i am implementing a fixedpoint arthimetic and i am doing a test for division in my test.cpp file. the following is the code for the test division, ...
[3 replies] Last: Assuming that there is an operator double() const or equivalent in ... (by JLBorges)
by mtopek
Strange #ifdef variable issue

I am getting some interesting compiler errors when I attempt to use a declared global variable inside an ifdef. See code: int debug_code; #ifdef _DEBUGFLAG d...
[3 replies] Last: So it remains a mystery - why does the compiler refuse to compile the... (by MikeyBoy)
How to Sort Link List

at the line number 65 that's my sort method first i sum up all the value in the nodes after that i want to sort the Nodes In ascending order but the method is...
[3 replies] Last: Hi Thank u very much for feed back ok i'll explain what i want to do i... (by Sarmadas)
need help on writing standard deviation code

hi, i m working on a stardard deviation c++ code my assignment is to find the std. dev. of " double x = {2,4,4,4,5,5,7,-9}; " and i dont know why my instruct...
[1 reply] : Line 8: this is a function forward declaration I believe that you are... (by MiiNiPaa)
Display Message while program is processing?

While the program is processing I am wondering if there is a way to display a message that says system processing? #include<cmath> #include<iostream> ...
[3 replies] Last: If you can calculate the percentage of processing done, you can print ... (by Duthomhas)
C++ Homework - I'm Stuck

So I have this homework I'm working on for my computer science class. I've started. Am I even on the right track? And what do I need to do for the rest? I'm jus...
[2 replies] Last: Lol rocket surgery ^ (by Smac89)
advice on stuff i might need

i'm currently making a behaviour tree to use for AI that co-insides with my Astar pathfing project and i was wonder if i am going about designing my framework f...
[no replies]
huffman de-codification

i have this huffman codification code #include <iostream.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <conio.h> const int maxsize = 100; const int null = 0; st...
[no replies]
SDL - Map Loading?

Well, thanks for the help on my last topic, now since I made my program more "Resource efficient", I could debug my map loading. Now since I've done it, I need ...
[9 replies] Last: Figured it out. I need help with understand the math of the "SetCamera... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Reading end of setence

So I'm trying to reformat a paragraph where the first letter of each sentence is capitalized and the rest are lower case. This is my function thus far. I'm tryi...
[1 reply] : In your if statements, you need to use Text , not just Text. (by freddy92)
by zxrp
Need help generating random number.

Hi guys I'm quite new to C++, I'm trying to generate a random number between 1 and 10 (meaning 1 and 10 is excluded from the random number), but I'm having som...
[2 replies] Last: That helped alot, thank you =] (by zxrp)
April 2013 Pages: 1... 1718192021... 53
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.