General C++ Programming - April 2013 (Page 18)

New to C++

Hi everyone. I'm planning on taking a programming class next semester, but because my classes are going to be really demanding, I was hoping I'd get a head s...
[1 reply] : The tutorial on this site, or even better: http://www.learncpp.com (by Fransje)
by seehat
Help for pointers

hi everyone just want some help from the experts.. what i am trying to do is to make a function outside the main that will ask the user for the values of 2 var...
[18 replies] Last: Anybody ? (by seehat)
Need help on this code

I am having a terrible time in a C++ class right now, and I can't seem to get the right help. Can anyone debug this by chance? 6 errors. #include <iost...
[3 replies] Last: > Hopefully someone else can find it. Making a genuine effort to tack... (by JLBorges)
by dauta
Function call does no accept argument...

Hey everybody. I was trying to look up solution for this for quite a while already but found nothing. I am writing a simple console based turn based RPG game fo...
[5 replies] Last: I figured out my mistake. I didn't put argument in Player::attack. Th... (by dauta)
merging contents of files

i need to write a c++ code which can merge contents of several .txt files into a single file. i used the following code , it works but after merging the result ...
[4 replies] Last: Assuming it is Windows, something like this: #include <cstdlib> #incl... (by JLBorges)
Give it a little help lifeless programmes :)

How can i make my password appears as stars ! It's really stupid that it appears as i write , i know there is no getche() in c++ , so help me with this ! syst...
[3 replies] Last: Code from duoas http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/3570/ #incl... (by Michaela Elise)
Need help visualizing maze-solving algorithm

Hello, I'm fairly new to C++ programming, and I'm working on a maze solving algorithm. I need to use a stack to keep track of the moves of done, so no recurs...
[no replies]
by Zapeth
How do I pass this array to my function?

Hello, I have this code: const BYTE original = { {0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00}, {0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF} }; void function(const BYTE** values) { //some code h...
[10 replies] Last: Thanks Cubbi, I decided to go with solution 1) and it works Also than... (by Zapeth)
does this look right

This compiles and still works fine on linux, can someone with windows tell me if I have it right for _WIN32 /* * rng.hpp * * Created on: Mar 25, 20...
[4 replies] Last: Ok, I got that working. Thaks cire, seems to work pretty well :) (by Michaela Elise)
A list of objects

I have a list of objects that I need to read information from each object to compare to a user input prompt. #include "Passenger.h" #include "Reservation.h" #...
[1 reply] : I have tried a string.compare and it did not work would there be any o... (by UrbnCampr02)
How to move my square to the left..

Having trouble getting my square to move to the left my code and instructions of what i am suppose to do is below. No sure how to move my square or if I am even...
[2 replies] Last: after square is drawn through user input the screen is not cleared squ... (by RemyJDH)
by qingze
Help needed about data input into a text file

I want to input data into text file while not deleting the original data in the file and I use something as ofstream writefile; writefile.open("example1...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/fstream/ofstream/ofstream/ std::o... (by writetonsharma)
by eastw
C++ File Read Problem

Hi,kindly refer my code below.. Something is wrong there which only allows me to extract the first data from the file. I have 5 employees infos in the file....
[4 replies] Last: No problem eastw anytime. :) v.1.1 //Threading helps a ton! /* past... (by kiknwing11)
need help with special case, VERY CLOSE

"In this program we will write a small game using link list: - Your program should ask the user to enter one alphabet letter at a time, and each lette...
[no replies]
need an idea to break through

#include <iostream.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <conio.h> const int maxsize = 100; const int null = 0; struct huff_node{ char symbol; int freq; huf...
[no replies]
How to read multiple elements in file to parallel arrays?

I have a txt file that looks like this: Student ID:97707; Grades: 87.73, 90.41, 91.74, 95.04, 99.13; Name:Davis, Artur Student ID:23628; Grades: 58.09, 65.18,...
[3 replies] Last: well you have to start by parsing the input strings, : and ; seem to b... (by Michaela Elise)
Prim's algm

Hello! I need some general idea on how to code Prim's algm for a complete undirected graph. The format in the file is as follows. [ vertex 1] [ x_coordin...
[no replies]
Creating a Class

nvmd
[1 reply] : Please do not double post - you already have an existing post here: ht... (by LB)
by aj3423
what's the best way/pattern to avoid copying data

Hi, I have a class buffer , which holds a std::string as member, and a socket_receive function: struct buffer { string data; buffer() {} buffer(...
[4 replies] Last: The RVO looks interesting, seems the compiler already did everything. ... (by aj3423)
overloading operator of inherated classes

Hi all, I have a class A, from which three classes Aa Ab and Ac are inherated. In class A I have defined some functions by virtual foo()=0, which I implemen...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you for your patience. Ok, lets say a car has subwoofers (which ... (by curator)
April 2013 Pages: 1... 1617181920... 53
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.