WinBGIm error: redefinition of 'int right'

I don't know whether it suits this forum or not but I just wanted to tell (the world) something. I recently decided to try out WinBGIm library, so I downloaded the package and after setting up all the compiler and linker settings, ran my simple "Hello World" Code. But I got the following message from my compiler (MinGW, CodeBlocks IDE).

d:\codeblocks\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.4.1\..\..\..\..\include\graphics.h|302|error: redefinition of 'int right'|
d:\codeblocks\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.4.1\..\..\..\..\include\graphics.h|302|error: 'int right' previously declared here|
||=== Build finished: 2 errors, 0 warnings ===|

After having googled the problem I found out nothing (If you don't count a suggestion to use CodeBlocks-EP as a Solution).
As I was taking a look at the header files, I found the problem (yeah!!!)
The problem was with the function printimage.
The original declaration was

//The original declaration. Note that there are two "right" variables
void printimage(
    const char* title=NULL,	
    double width_inches=7, double border_left_inches=0.75, double border_top_inches=0.75,
    int left=0, int right=0, int right=INT_MAX, int bottom=INT_MAX,
    bool active=true, HWND hwnd=NULL
    );

So what I did is that, I simply changed one of the "right" (the later former one) variable to "top". That's it.

//The corrected code
void printimage(
    const char* title=NULL,	
    double width_inches=7, double border_left_inches=0.75, double border_top_inches=0.75,
    int left=0, int top=0, int right=INT_MAX, int bottom=INT_MAX,
    bool active=true, HWND hwnd=NULL
    );

As simple as that (shame on me to waste a full 2 hours at that problem). So, I decided to put this information for other many WinBGIm beginners.
Last edited on
Is it possible that you changed the wrong 'right'? This way 'top' is equal to 'bottom' and 'left' to 'right' which is a rather strange rectangle ~0.

if you replace the first 'right' with 'top' and leave the second 'right' as is it'd be the maximum possible rectangle
@coder777, sorry, my bad. I shall edit it ASAP. And thanks for the correction..
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.