Crypto++

so basically i just need crypto for a very simple function but i am new to C++ and i have no idea how to do this. i am making a projectin QT for desktop application

i just need to save an encrypted txt document from a list widget and then load it back up decrypt it and have it display in the list widget. iv got it saving a and loading from a txt document but its not encrypted in any way i dont care how insecure an encryption it may be but just something that means its not in plain txt.

i have downloaded crypto++ but i have no idea what to do with the files or how to use it to perform this simple task
Have a look at this from their wiki:

http://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/Advanced_Encryption_Standard
thanks but it doesnt really help i meant i have no idea what to do with the files? like after downloading its just loads of .h and .cpp etc i have no idea what to do with them in order to use the crypto stuff in my qt project
i dont care how insecure an encryption it may be but just something that means its not in plain txt.

Just do something to each char as you output it, and undo it when you input it. If you really don't care about security, just have an addition/subtraction on the char.
just change you bit order.
yea iv seen that in a few places where iv been lookin for a solution any chance someone would be kind enough to place a little sample code on how to change bit order for just writing a simple txt file
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.