Seeking guidance for first project

Hello, I am a Comp sci/math major. I am embarking on my first true project and am seeking feedback as I am unfamiliar with a few things. First, I was wondering if anyone could clear up using the windows forms. I need a simple interface...in which I have already created for the windows app. There is one button that will be used in the app. I am having trouble trying to figure out how to call the code I have written once the button is pushed. So, say the button name is 'Button1'...once this is pressed, how can I make it call the code I have written for it. I am using visual c++ 2010.
</c>
#pragma once

namespace Forexapp4 {

using namespace System;
using namespace System::ComponentModel;
using namespace System::Collections;
using namespace System::Windows::Forms;
using namespace System::Data;
using namespace System::Drawing;

/// <summary>
/// Summary for Form1
/// </summary>
public ref class Form1 : public System::Windows::Forms::Form
{
public:
Form1(void)
{
InitializeComponent();
//
//TODO: Add the constructor code here
//
}

protected:
/// <summary>
/// Clean up any resources being used.
/// </summary>
~Form1()
{
if (components)
{
delete components;
}
}
private: System::Windows::Forms::Label^ label1;
protected:

private:
/// <summary>
/// Required designer variable.
/// </summary>
System::ComponentModel::Container ^components;

#pragma region Windows Form Designer generated code
/// <summary>
/// Required method for Designer support - do not modify
/// the contents of this method with the code editor.
/// </summary>
void InitializeComponent(void)
{
this->label1 = (gcnew System::Windows::Forms::Label());
this->SuspendLayout();
//
// label1
//
this->label1->AutoSize = true;
this->label1->BorderStyle = System::Windows::Forms::BorderStyle::Fixed3D;
this->label1->Location = System::Drawing::Point(249, 107);
this->label1->Name = L"label1";
this->label1->Size = System::Drawing::Size(15, 15);
this->label1->TabIndex = 0;
this->label1->Text = L"0";
this->label1->Click += gcnew System::EventHandler(this, &Form1::label1_Click);
//
// Form1
//
this->AutoScaleDimensions = System::Drawing::SizeF(6, 13);
this->AutoScaleMode = System::Windows::Forms::AutoScaleMode::Font;
this->ClientSize = System::Drawing::Size(563, 279);
this->Controls->Add(this->label1);
this->FormBorderStyle = System::Windows::Forms::FormBorderStyle::Fixed3D;
this->Name = L"Form1";
this->Text = L"Form1";
this->ResumeLayout(false);
this->PerformLayout();

}
#pragma endregion
private: System::Void label1_Click(System::Object^ sender, System::EventArgs^ e) {

}
};
}
</c>

this is the code that came with the windows app. I am not sure where to impliment my code at. If anyone could clarify what the purpose of some of the above code means and how I can impliment my own code into the app that would be quite helpful. Thank you for your time.
What do you mean by "call the code I have written"?

Just put it (or a call to appropriate functions in your code) inside the label1_Click() method.

Hope this helps.

PS. CS/Math +1
Ok, I believe I see now. Quite simple after all. Ok, now secondly...this part I do believe will be harder to explain. The program I am writing is to accept an integer parameter from a website...this particular website has a constant moving graph and values...such as a site that displayed the current stock trends and values. How do I get my program connected to the values that are constantly changing that are displayed on the website. These values are to be sent as the parameters of one of my functions. Im not sure how to network this. Also, assuming I am able to pass these constantly changing values to my program, how would I further interact with the website. Specifically, how would I say, make my program click a button on the website fully automated based on some certain conditions. I have the conditions in my code, and everything is pretty much done, I just need to figure out how to pass the info back and forth over this website...once again, specifically pressing a button based on certain conditions. ( Think like stocks, Im basically designing an automated trader that trades for me in the market). I want to take information from the market, my program will check certain conditions of the market, and if they are true I want my program to automatically enter me in the market. Just for the record, it is for the forex market, not stocks. Many do not know what Forex is though. Thanks for any input. Will be greatly appreciated.
Bump. Is there anyone who can explain or at least give a direction as to find out how to pass information from my program to a website. Specifically I am looking for just a datamember to pass to my program from the site and then pass a bool back to the site.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.