dbase

Does c++ have a dbase lib that will be there out of the box? I am trying to use SGLAPI without any success. Am also using code::blocks without much success.
Does c++ have a dbase lib that will be there out of the box?
No, the SQLAPI++ looks good. What is the problem?
I put #include<sqlapi.h> and when i compile error indicates it can not find file or directory pointing to sqlapi.h. what is comfusing me is the directory SQLAPI is in my project folder and when I type the include statement several sql header files are given as options. Yet compiler (gcc for c++ 17) can not find it. Thanks for your continued help
it doesn't work like that. you have to tell it where the folder is, even if its 'right there' ... using a makefile, an IDE project, a compiler flag (ok for starting out / tiny projects), or explicit include (not recommended).
the compiler flag is -L
explicit is like #include "C:\folder\whatever.h"
makefiles are a big side track to learn to do if you don't know them.
ide setups vary, but its going to be as simple as click and add a folder.

saying this:
#include <...>
means that the compiler has been told, somehow, what folders to search. It can't guess even if its a sub folder of the code.
Last edited on
Ok thank you. I am using code::block as an ide so I will learn how to tell the compiler where sqlapi is to be found. Thanks again. All have been very helpful
In addition to the include path you need also the library. See this:

https://www.learncpp.com/cpp-tutorial/a3-using-libraries-with-codeblocks/

for how to do that.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.