LNK2019/2001/1120 Errors

I'm getting the above error in Visual Studio 2019. I'm posting a link to a screenshot so you can see what I'm talking about. I'm happy to post code as soon as I find out what you guys need.

https://d.pr/i/jku7iD

I tried to find "void_cdecl do_flee" and "void_cdecl stop_follower" but had no luck.
Read more carefully. The missing symbol is for the function

void do_flee(char_data *, char *);
The __cdecl bit is just the calling convention (which is the default one) and is not part of the return type. stop_follower() is only the function that references the missing symbol.
Last edited on
Ok, so if I'm reading this right it's saying that stop_follower is referencing do_flee but complaining that do_flee is not defined. Is it because the reference in is act_comm.cpp and the definition is in fight.cpp?
If the definition is there, one of two things might be happening. Either a) the definition doesn't match up with the declaration (e.g. the types of the parameters changed), or b) fight.cpp is not included in the project, or is not being built.
This came up when I posted the question about Error C0167. salem c suggested I change "char *" to "const char *". That was the issue. I changed it back and now it builds successfully.

Thank you for all your help. Really.

I forgot how satisfying it is to see this:
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped
It's even better when you get that coveted "0 errors, 0 warnings".
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.