Speech/Object Recognition

Pages: 12
I was wondering how to make your own speech and object recognition. I've been working on this project and it uses both of them. Sorry for vagueness but I don't know where to start and thought this might be the best place. I just need like one example to get how it works.

Thanks In Advance
Last edited on
http://www.generation5.org/content/2001/sr00.asp?Print=1

Try this.

What do you mean by object recognition? Recognizing an object in front of a webcam?
Yes.
Just program your Artificial Intelligence first and let it write its' own AV recognition code!

Kidding, but you do realize that there are many big brains with million dollar budgets who still haven't successfully solved these issues right? Voice recognition and visual pattern matching are still cutting edge topics. I think your best bet is to check out the robotics hobbyist sites.

BTW, my favorite phrase from an old Scientific American article on why human speech is so hard to translate by a computer program:

"Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a BANANA!"
You were right on the money, I'm creating an Artificial Intelligence program.
Last edited on
Good luck with your neural net coding. Fun Stuff!

And watch out for Sarah Connor...
A couple of months ago, I made an simple AI program (using c++) which learned from user input, and had no native language recognotion skills. I think you could maybe feed it lots of bitmaps and tell it what they are, and then it would recognise one without you saying what it was (it would need a lot of training though).
Is that the sort of thing you are looking to do with your AI?
YES, EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!
Hmmn...
Well, I could send it to you if you wanted...

It would need major modifications to read images, though - at the moment it just uses std::cin for input. Also, it is really, really stupid in the beginning (think newborn baby), so don't get impatient.

This is funny, because I am currently trying to design a thing you can speak to, using the same base program that my AI uses.

Anyway, yeah.
Could you also send it to me, or upload it somewhere?
Im interested in making some kind of AI
Yeah, sure. Do you have an email address?
omnibook6000@gmail.com
Does "D Technodude" have one?
cplusplus.com/member/D_Technodude
cplusplus wrote:
User name: D Technodude [Send PM]
Email: dtechnodude@aol.com
Last edited on
argh I'm an idiot, sorry.
Yeah ok, I'll send it to both of you.
Ok, I've sent it to you.
Can you tell me if there are any bugs you find? I haven't tested it very thoroughly yet.
Last edited on
Id tell you if i wouldve recieved it o.O

might be gmail, can you send it again and maybe also send it to omni@live.nl?(my msn email)

im at work now though so i cant get on hotmail, just gmail ~.~ yay.
Last edited on
Actually, this isn't the first problem I've had with sending emails. I'll try again, but it still might not work.

That, or the email could be too big - I have it as 800k with attachment - is that too big for gmail?
Last edited on
Well,

as long as you keep your attachments below 7484 MB
you should be fine according to gmail
I've just sent another one... have you got it? (sent to gmail)
Pages: 12