Table game

Can anyone give me a hint to solve this question.

Alice and Bob are playing a game with a (N+1)×(M+1) table. Let's denote the cell in the i-th row and j-th column (0≤i≤N, 0≤j≤M) by (i,j). The rules of the game are:

At the beginning, a stone is placed in some cell of the table.
The players alternate turns, Alice goes first.
In each turn, the current player must move the stone from its current cell (let's denote it by (x,y)) to the cell (x−1,y) or to the cell (x,y−1).
As soon as the stone is placed in a cell (x,y) with x=0 or y=0, the game ends.
The winner of the game is determined by the cell the stone ended up in and the player who moved it there; you are given this information for all possible terminal cells on the input. (Note that the stone never reaches the cell (0,0).)
You should answer Q queries. In each query, you are given the initial position (x,y) of the stone, and you should determine the winner of the game.

Input
The first line of the input contains a single integer T denoting the number of test cases. The description of T test cases follows.
The first line of each test case contains a single string with length M. For each i (1≤i≤M), the i-th digit of this string is '1' if the player that moves the stone to the cell (0,i) loses the game or '0' if this player wins.
The second line contains a single string with length N. For each i (1≤i≤N), the i-th digit of this string is '1' if the player that moves the stone to the cell (i,0) loses the game or '0' if this player wins.
The third line contains a single integer Q denoting the number of queries.
Each of the following Q lines contains two space-separated integers x and y describing one query.
Output
For each test case, print a single line containing a string with length Q. For each valid i, the i-th digit should be '1' if Alice wins the game for query i or '0' if Bob wins that game.

Constraints
1≤N,M,Q≤10^5
1≤x≤N
1≤y≤M
the sum of N+M+Q over all test cases does not exceed 10^6
Subtasks
Subtask #1 (30 points): the sum of N+M over all test cases does not exceed 10^3
Subtask #2 (70 points): original constraints

Example Input
1 1
1 2
1 3
2 1
2 2
2 3
Example Output
Last edited on
Hey @ne555 Could you please explain how to implement this algo in this question?
Last edited on
have an nxm matrix where each cell has the answer who wins if the stone is here. the first row and column are input of the problem, but notice that "0" means lose, because if it is your turn, then the other player moved there.

the stone may only move up or left, so we'll fill the matrix in the opposite direction.
start at (1,1) and check the cells that are on top and to the left, so cells (0, 1) and (1, 0). If you can move to a losing cell (for the other player), then you are on a winning cell.

on your example input
- 1 0 1
0 x x x
1 x x x

-    w      l      w
l    w      w      l
w    l      w      w

for row in range(1,m):
   for col in range(1,n):
      winner[row][col] = not winner[row-1][col] or not winner[row][col-1]

Last edited on
Hey @ne555. Thanks for all the help till now! I implemented your code and got Subtask 1 correct but am still facing errors in subtask 2. Any reason why?
I tried this solution, but i m getting Time limit exceeded in some cases, can their be any other approach to solve this?
Last edited on
print the matrix for small values of N and M and look for a pattern.
I can't really see a pattern for small values! Please help!
i am able to observe the patterns but there are deviations too in the patterns at certain places.
How can i remove the TLE?
¿what pattern did you observe?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.