estimation of time to learn how to make specific program, or hire programmer ?

Hello,
i am in chronic pain and i know currently only basics to pointers.
I want make a program, to which i put like database of foods and their nutritional info, which will be per 100g.
And it will take into account 1-100% of each food's weight and try all combinations, so i have rda for all nutrients 100%, i will set goal for rda.
And i can set custom goal like kcal per day etc.
And yet it will take into account ph so i have intake of alcaline:acidic foods at 80:20.
I am looking for estimation, how long approximately it would take to learn skill in programming to make a such a program, because i may take months-years, i currently have energy like 15 minut per day.
Or maybe it would be better hire programer to make it and i don't know how expensive it would be.
Because i already need advanatage from eating healthy, but before i learn how to this i will live suboptimaly.
Thanks for advice.
A professional should be able to knock this out in a couple weeks, so I guess around USD 1000?

It would probably be faster and cheaper to just run the math yourself by hand.

And yet it will take into account ph so i have intake of alcaline:acidic foods at 80:20.
That doesn't make sense. 20 g of hydrochloric acid mixed in 80 g of sea water gives you a strongly acidic solution, not a basic solution. Just separating into "acidic" and "basic" is not enough, because both lemon juice and battery acid are "acidic".
You need to set a target pH and, given two amounts of substances of known pHs, figure out how much to put in of each to reach that pH.
Last edited on
the data portion sounds like the kicker. If you have the database or data to load it already, the rest of it seems simple enough.

There are a bunch of online food databases, maybe one has what you need and you just need a query into them?

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.