Plotting from a C++ program?

Hi,

I'm writing this program that does some histogram calculation.
The way it is set up right now is to output into a file which is then read by matlab or gnuplot to produce plots (not automatically).

However, I would really like to get the plots automatically when I execute the program and as platform independent as possible. I'm looking into this matter, and I've narrowed it down to 3 options:

- MathGL
- PLplot
- gnuplot

I've used gnuplot before, but not in the way I want. The other two I've only recently discovered. All of them are available on many platforms. I'm leaning a bit towards gnuplot based mostly on its fame, but I've also read it's a bit of a pain to have you C/C++ program use it.

So basically I'm asking for advice on the matter. Pros and cons of each, learning curve, etc. I know this will be a significant time investment, so I want to make the best choice.

If there is another plotting library or program that someone has successfully used, please tell me about it and how does it compare to those 3.

Thanks
You can use OpenCV library, wh¡ch also contains special functions to calculate image histogram
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.