ShellExecuteA dint run properly

Hi guys,i building a programming related to open other .exe files through visual studio c++. When i debug it, it is successfully build, but the problem is the .exe files does not start to run, can anyone help me solve the problem? Thank a lot.

//my coding
#include "stdafx.h"
#include <iostream>
#include <Windows.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <shellapi.h>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
int x;
cout<<"Please press 1 to start"<<endl;
cin>>x;

if (x==1)
{
ShellExecuteA(NULL,"open","C:\\Users\\User\Desktop\bin\test3.exe" ,NULL,NULL,SW_SHOWNORMAL);
}
else if (x==0)
{
ShellExecuteA(NULL,"open","C:\\Users\\User\Documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\opctest3\Debug\opctest3.exe" ,NULL,NULL,SW_SHOWNORMAL);
}

else
{
cout<<"wrong"<<endl;
system("pause");
}
return 0;
}

OUTPUT
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\User\Documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\compile1\Debug\compile1.exe', Symbols loaded.
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\user32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\shell32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\msvcp100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\msvcr100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\combase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\shlwapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\sechost.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\bcryptprimitives.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\imm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\msctf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SHCore.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\uxtheme.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ole32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\kernel.appcore.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\ProgramData\QvodPlayer\QvodWebBase\1.0.0.54\QvodWebBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\oleaut32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\winhttp.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ws2_32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\nsi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\360\360safe\safemon\safemon.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.9600.18006_none_a9ec6aab013aafee\comctl32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\psapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\version.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\wininet.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\netapi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\iertutil.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\userenv.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\netutils.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\srvcli.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\wkscli.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\profapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink\tiptsf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\propsys.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\setupapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\cfgmgr32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\clbcatq.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\apphelp.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\dlnashext.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\PlayToDevice.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\cryptsp.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\rsaenh.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\bcrypt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\DevDispItemProvider.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\wpdshext.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'compile1.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.9600.18123_none_dad9a2585bcb0fd8\GdiPlus.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x2cd0) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x22f0) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x2bec) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x2e2c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x2458) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x278) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x2ac8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x2480) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program '[5600] compile1.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
pdb file is the debug database in visual studio. What that means here is beyond me though.

why do your paths have mix of \\ and \ in the folder structures? Is this causing it to fail to find the actual executable?

consider debugging it by trying to run c:\test.exe first, and build from there, if you continue to have problems with it after fixing the path text.
About the messages.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28381361/cannot-find-or-open-the-pdb-file-visual-studio-c-2013

Check the ShellExecute return value to see if there is a problem.
i already solve the cannot find or open the pdb file problem. But, the c++.exe file does not start to debug when i press 1. Anything that i left?
Hi, i already solve the thing that i want by using system(), thank for everyone help.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.