How can to determine if you are already proficient in coding in C++?

I just graduated in associate degree in Computer Science. I want to get a job ASAP, but I have this worries that I might be incompetent at work because every topics that we learned were all basics. So what I'm doing now, while passing CV/resumes and for company's call, is I'm studying C++ further. But I don't how much concepts I should study in C++. I'm currently in the OOP of C++, then something struck me.

I want to become a programmer, and I've done some research and a programmer should learn multiple langauges depending on what field you're on. Like in web dev, a programmer should know HTML, CCS, JS, PHP. The thing is I don't know what field could be on. WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT FIELDS IN IT PROGRAMMING?

So I need to learn multiple languages. I want to study C# next, but I don't know when, what I mean is I don't know if I'm already proficient in C++. How can I tell that I'm already know intermediate to advance level in c++?
Find an open source project and grab the code. Even if you never contribute a thing you'll benefit from reading it. Just keep in mind that not everything you see will be done the "right way", but even that will be a learning experience. Also, this question is better suited for the Lounge.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.