About namespace, enum, typedef, and file access

Please be brief and don't use deep terms that mostly make questions more complicated.

So first, when is it necessary to use enum, typedef, and namespace?
What helps do they provide in coding? I know that enum is used to create a personalized datatype, that typedef renames a predefined datatype, and that namespace helps to specify or call a variable or function that has a similar name, am I right? Do each of them provide any other benefits? Are they necessary to master or are they just optional topics.

Second, about fstream, can I use any type of files in inputting and outputting in files, like can I use excel files or ms access files? If not what type of files are only able to use in fstream. Then, what if I don't want my files (used in i/o on my program)to be seen or access by others, can I encrypt the data inside those files? What I mean is, I don't files to open if directly open, I want files to be only accessible in my program, do you get my point?

Third, I dont want my actual source code to be accessible to users because of possible edifications or plagiarism. Is it possible to encrypt the content of cpp files.

I am going to create a simple automated reservation system for our small family business. We are not that organized, anyone could act as an receptionist so regarding my file security questions, multiple users are going to access the system (the PC).
Last edited on
Do each of them provide any other benefits? Are they necessary to master or are they just optional topics.

not necessary but sometimes quite handy.

If not what type of files are only able to use in fstream.

You can read any file but you won't be able to get any information from execl-files.
try opening an excel file with the editor, that's what the fstream library would read.

Then, what if I don't want my files (used in i/o on my program)to be seen or access by others, can I encrypt the data inside those files?

Yes, you will need to make some kind of encoding.

Third, I dont want my actual source code to be accessible to users because of possible edifications or plagiarism. Is it possible to encrypt the content of cpp files.

Depending on what kind of application you are writing you can just precompile the file and ship it over to the customer (only possible if the destination-environment is known)
Everything is possible but that may be a very inefficient way of doing it.
You could technically speaking make an installer and when installing the application the installer deciphers the encrypted source/header files.

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.