How do I install C++

Can someone tell me how to instal c++ on my computer. I like visual studio, but does it come with the language? If not see first part.
Visual Studio comes with a C++ compiler and linker. So yes, if you have that then you don't need to install anything else.
Did you install the wrong version of VS? I have never tried VS C#, but maybe you got that one by mistake and it doesn't have a C++ compiler.
I got the right VS, I just dont have the LANGUAGE installed, how do I INSTALL C++ ON MY PC SO I CAN MOVE IT TO MY 32 GIGABYTE THUMB DRIVE?
Last edited on
You don't install a language. You install a compiler.

You can open up notepad and type in any language. English, French, Italian, C++, Java, whatever. You don't need anything installed.

What you do need installed is a compiler. That is... something that reads your C++ text and translates it into a binary executable.

Visual Studio is a compiler. If you have VS installed, you already have everything you need installed and you will be able to write and compile C++ code.

If you want to put it on a thumb drive... then install Visual Studio to your thumb drive.
well once the compiler is installed on your computer your all set, c++ isn't something you can just install its a lanuage you need to learn
Last edited on
Thanks.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.