Code::Blocks problem

i've been working on a little school project for a few days now.. and i every things been going fine until a few days back.. every time i added code i kept building and running to see if everything is accurate.. 2 days back it jus stopped running, it builds successfully but won't run.. i've check over a million times looking for errors or changes and there's nothing.. i'm so frustrated now because my project will be due in a few days.. i uninstalled codeblocks annd reinstalled the most update version.. when i run the project still the same builds with no errors but won't run.. anybody have any idea what could be wrong.. i've been searching the internet for hours nothing seems to solve the problem.. my code is the same from the last time it ran as desired... i'm using opengl
It's really difficult to help without seeing the code.

However a shot in the dark says that you either have a segmentation fault or a deadlock in your code somewhere. More likely the former.

-Albatross
First, I would check to make sure that Code::Blocks is actually producing an executable (.exe) file. (If it is, try double-clicking it to see if it runs.) Then I would check to make sure you're actually hitting "Build and run" instead of just "Build" (you're probably already doing this).

You could try going to Settings > Compiler > Toolchain executables and changing "Linker for dynamic libs" to g++.exe if it's currently set to gcc.exe. (I have no clue why Code::Blocks uses this to run the linker)

If none of that works, go to the log (I think the shortcut key is F2, but it might be different for you -- either way, it's under View > Logs), check the build log for any errors, and post them here (if there are any).
thanks alot.. but suddenly i realized that it was a new library i included.. SOIL.h.. as i removed it from the linker it ran normally.. but i need the SOIL library to do all my textures glaux.h is not supported anymore.. i followed a tutorial from a website with instructions to link it as -1SOIL.lib in the linker settings.. it worked because i could use code from the soil library but is there any other way to get around this. i need to include soil.h...
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.