No Headers

Is it possible to create a program without any C/C++ Headers.
I had asked this question before also but got all answers like to look at linux source code.I don't know where to start in the source code.
Help would be appreciated.
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/10226/

The answers you got then are the answers you'll get now. There are no easy ways to do it. Then again, no one said writing an OS was easy.
> Is it possible to create a program without any C/C++ Headers.

Yes, easily, but why on earth would you want to do that? Headers provide prototypes and interfaces to all the functions you need to compile your programs.

> but got all answers like to look at linux source code

Anyone who directs you to look at the linux source is not treating you nicely. A bootloader or OS core will not use standard headers, because they are not available at the time the program is executed. That is a very special case and you shouldn't need to emulate it.

Hope this helps.
Anyone who directs you to look at the linux source is not treating you nicely. A bootloader or OS core will not use standard headers, because they are not available at the time the program is executed. That is a very special case and you shouldn't need to emulate it.

Except his whole goal was to write a 'Hello world OS', ie emulating it is exactly what he's trying to do.
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
Would some assembly be required for this? And would that ASM be the core of this little app?
Last edited on
I just said that I was making a Hello World OS so that someone could answer my question without asking much questions.
Is it possible to create a program without any C/C++ Headers.
I had asked this question before also but got all answers like to look at linux source code.I don't know where to start in the source code.
Help would be appreciated.
There is no mention of an OS in there.

http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/10226/

The answers you got then are the answers you'll get now. There are no easy ways to do it. Then again, no one said writing an OS was easy.
Well, I guess I should have read the link...

Why, may I ask, are you asking the question again given all the help you received there? Are our answers supposed to get any better?

It looks like you are trying to do something way over your head right now.
That OS FAQ that helios posted for you is the first place to start reading.

Good luck!
Writing an OS is hard.
Hi Ashishm1995,

I have idea to write own operation system. If we create a union it will be easy
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
good luck :/
They'll certainly need it.

Denis: If you really know what you're doing and understand just what it takes to write an OS, you'll do well to choose a different partner, because Ashishm1995 obviously doesn't know the difference between application and systems programming.
www.osdev.org
www.osdever.net
you will find enough info there.
Thanks folks.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.