Beginners - September 2015 (Page 40)

by amg32
C++ Payroll program

Question I had to add the exsel sort to my Payroll program, which the code was provided, but it's not running. My Code: #include<fstream> #include<iostr...
[4 replies] Last: It is really messed up ! So many things wrong , a lot of missing brac... (by Ericool)
by JPoor
Calculate skewness

How can I calculate my skewness here is my code up until now int main() { cout << "Please input 10 numbers..." << endl; int a; int b; int c; int d;...
[2 replies] Last: Another link: http://growingknowing.com/GKStatsBookSkewness.php Also ... (by mutexe)
Vector or C-style array?

Still learning and have a long ways to go, so all feedback welcome. I've seen it written all over the internet that vectors are 'always' a better solution than ...
[9 replies] Last: > and it doesn't appear to be describing a standard function It is a ... (by JLBorges)
by buhrmi
[With Bounty] please help me with random code behavior

I forked a project on Github and try to make some changes as a learning experience. And I'm running into a weird thing and I'm having trouble figuring this out:...
[9 replies] Last: I agree all the answers were on the right track, although I pointed to... (by SamuelAdams)
by mbs03
Dental Appointment program

Does anyone know the solution to this problem? I am really lost. Thank you! Create a class named DentalAppointment. Include fields for a patient’s data (us...
[1 reply] : You appear to be the same person that posted this thread under a diffe... (by AbstractionAnon)
Star program backwards??

I am trying to print out a star program that prints out a series of "*" in the desired form: ********** (10) ||********* (9) |||******** (8) |||||******* (7) |...
[6 replies] Last: ok then. :) (by Ericool)
Creating A Read and Write Program

I don't know how to start creating my own program but i need some help about how to create a program that will read and write a list of students.. the program h...
[16 replies] Last: Thank You Sir Dhayden for the hints... I'm still learning this kind of... (by janus2015)
assign string to another string (array)

Hello, I'm trying to assign a random name (from an array) to a string and that works great, but fails when I assign that string to another string. What am I...
[2 replies] Last: Indeed! Picky thing this. Thank you! (by tacoball)
Batch file not working as expected... (1,2)

Hi, I am using the following code to start a batch file with a C++ console application: WinExec("removeOneDrive.bat", SW_SHOWNORMAL); However, it s...
[22 replies] Last: How did you know it would of been that? Knowledge and experience most... (by MiiNiPaa)
Star program backwards!

I am trying to print out a star program that prints out a series of "*" in the desired form: ********** (10) ||********* (9) |||******** (8) |||||******* (7) |...
[4 replies] Last: The do while does always at least one iteration. If you print the lead... (by keskiverto)
Help with Key Value Array

Hello cplusplus.com-ians! This is my first time posting, and I appreciate you taking the time to read and potentially help me find a solution to my quest...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you MiiNiPaa and dhayden! Much appreciated! (by krice42)
by Zyety
Need some help !

Write your question here. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int a, b, c, d, e cout<<"please enter a number"; cin>>a; cout<<"p...
[5 replies] Last: lol. i think thats more complicated for my level. BUT THANKS alot!~ (by Zyety)
working phone number validation code

Thanks everyone for helping me find new and better ways of writing my code. I finally got a working code that validates phone numbers in the following format: #...
[7 replies] Last: Hi, Yes, your last code snippet was what I had in mind. With the swi... (by TheIdeasMan)
for loop

Wrote a program to add the digits of an integer, program is right except for the fact that it adds 48 to each loop... I'm not sure why. I've printed the individ...
[3 replies] Last: If it makes you feel better, the way how C++ converts chars to integer... (by Kevin C)
by Bear18
I need help writing a program to approximate pi

I am having trouble writing a program that displays the results of the following two approximations of pi. pi = 4 * (1 - 1/3 + 1/5 - 1/7 + 1/9 - 1/11) pi = ...
[4 replies] Last: Here is another possible solution: #include <iostream> using namesp... (by Kevin C)
by LASims
Sub Strings

Hi Problem: I have a large text string and within that large text string I need to look for 30 different words to see if they are part of that text string. An...
[6 replies] Last: Solved now. The MiiNiPaa solution worked good. I just made an array ... (by LASims)
do while compile error

Stumped as to why following code does not compile using MinGW. Help would be significantly appreciated!! #include <stdio.h> #include <iostream> #inclu...
[2 replies] Last: Here: #include <stdio.h> #include <iostream> #include <string.h> #i... (by FireCoder)
How do I get a number from a file?

I have an integer stored in a txt file. How do I retrieve it without using getline?
[2 replies] Last: Sorry I took a while to answer. It's working. Thanks for the help (by miguel96)
C-string comparison need help to debug

I need some help, i do program that compares two cstrings, if they are >, <, or equal to each other. |34|error: invalid conversion from 'char*' to 'char' [-f...
[10 replies] Last: Thank you very much!!!! (by elledesforge)
Dental Appointment program

Does anyone know the solution to this problem? Been experiencing multiple errors. Thank you! Create a class named DentalAppointment. Include fields for a pat...
[2 replies] Last: This is not a homework site. We're not going to write your code for y... (by AbstractionAnon)
September 2015 Pages: 1... 3839404142
  Archived months: [aug2015] [oct2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.