Beginners - September 2015 (Page 39)

by JQP
C++ Primer 5th Edition code (1.4.4)

Hi, I'm a complete noob to programming. I'm working my way through C++ Primer, 5th edition *. I have understood the examples so far, as well as worked through ...
[4 replies] Last: How much is "enough"? Can you post example of series allowing to repro... (by MiiNiPaa)
Need help with functions!

So I am trying to print the clark's tables for sin, cos tan etc and here is the code for sin : #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <string> #inclu...
[6 replies] Last: For underlying mechanism you can read information on function pointers... (by MiiNiPaa)
Error check results in an infinite loop

Hi all, I made a small program to test out taking an input of a time in HHMMSSMMM (hours minutes second milliseconds) format, then displaying the hours, minu...
[no replies]
by Tess
rgb2ntsc matlab code in c++

Please help me to write matlab rgb2ntsc function code in c++ A = parse_inputs(varargin{:}); T = [1.0 0.956 0.621; 1.0 -0.272 -0.647; 1.0 -1.106 1.703].'; [...
[1 reply] : That there snippet converts from YIQ to RGB. It is usually a good idea... (by Duthomhas)
by besurk
How do I repeat my loop?

How do I repeat my loop to begin another function? #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; int main() { char function; dou...
[1 reply] : Did you check your other thread you posted? A repeat from that thread... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by besurk
How do i stop my loop from repeating?

When I perform a function, the case will keep repeating itself. How do i stop that so I can input a new function? #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <cmath> int main() { char function ... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by h4ever
structs declaration and definition

I maybe asked this already somewhere in past but I cannot recall it. Where should be structs defined in header or in cpp file? Now I have found project where a...
[5 replies] Last: Actually there is a single definition in .h file and that is one of th... (by MiiNiPaa)
Visual studio for c++

Hi,i just now downloaded visual studio community but however there is no win32 console application under visual c++.Instead there is visual c# and under it ther...
[12 replies] Last: The console is not staying open because you are most likely running i... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by junfan
Creating Excel Add-on

Hello, glad to be part of the forum. Hope to learn a lot! I am actually setting out to start a project at work. I know some C++ and some C, but not extensively....
[1 reply] : Office add-ins are developed in .NET. You might want to check out Add-... (by helios)
by avade
Checking bits

Hello, This is C and I cannot use any libraries or use C++. I'm writing simple code to check if a bit, k, in an integer is 1. I looked at some code online and...
[4 replies] Last: Yes, you want k=1, so a function do do this is: void checkBit(int val... (by dhayden)
Vector-based GUI Widget library for Biz apps

Hi All I’m considering using C++ as a cross-platform, compiled language. Initially I intend to develop S/W for MS Windows, but later would like to run the ...
[2 replies] Last: OK, The apps will be typical biz apps. The widgets should be typical w... (by SSteven)
Monthly Interest

Hey!! New to the forum and C++ I'm doing this assignment right now and I thought I was doing it correctly but my output is totally off and the interest calculat...
[5 replies] Last: You guys are right it is correct I dont know what I was thinking thank... (by npate211)
Need Help in Explaining Pointers Please

I am still trying to understand pointers so please excuse me if this post about them doesn’t make sense. I have been reading from my textbook along with so...
[4 replies] Last: Speaking of damage control: 1) When is the best time to use them? Whe... (by dhayden)
Merge Sort Linked List

Hi guys, I was assigned to do a merge list which when show out an output would resulting the steps such as initial numbers, split, sort left half, sort right ha...
[no replies]
by LASims
Searching for substring that has quotes in it

I have a string of characters and need to search it to see if I can find a substring in it. The substring has quotes in it. How do I do a substring search wit...
[1 reply] : """two dogs""" is exactly the same string as "" "two dogs" "" (not... (by helios)
login and register

hi.. im working on a school project .. its a very simple program but i wish to make a 'register and login' part to this program..but i gt stuck in this process....
[2 replies] Last: im soo sorry fr this post...i posted this without checking my program ... (by Demonfromheaven)
by fguy
weird compilation errors

Greetings. I am working through some exercises from C++ Primer, and I have run into a weird compile problem that makes no sense to me. Here is my code main.c...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks that did the trick. btw I should have googled this first there'... (by fguy)
by h4ever
How to use resizable frame in Windows

On Windows when you want to select some file or icons you can use a simple frame, just click and drag mouse pointer. My question is how can I do it (using Vi...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. I have found some example https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib... (by h4ever)
Visual Studio 2013 - LNK1104: cannot open file 'kernel32.lib'

I recently updated to VS 2013 from VS 2010 for classes, and every project I make or pull up in VS 2013 causes this error when building. I looked and had seen th...
[5 replies] Last: It's okay, thanks for the help, but I'll probably just end up bringing... (by Garrett Bryan)
by suzuka
why console box is used to learn computer language

why console box is used to learn computer language. Why we don't use directly windows form, so that everything will be clear there. And if any body learn using ...
[15 replies] Last: Thank you, thank you all, you all have cleared me. Now i have set my m... (by suzuka)
September 2015 Pages: 1... 373839404142
  Archived months: [aug2015] [oct2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.