Beginners - September 2015 (Page 38)

"Collatz Sequence"

i know that my problem is pretty simple to you guys !, , im noob , and i cant do it :( can u help me ??? heres d problem and my code :( probleM: "Col...
[3 replies] Last: thanks for that sir .. (by seirin1234)
Big Jump in Number of Binary search checks?

So I made the following program which shows the difference between linear and binary search, in terms of the number of checks each takes to find the search valu...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <sstream> #include <string> std::strin... (by helios)
by besurk
How do I convert random number generator to equal a character?

For this project, I am creating a coin flip game. It will ask the user to input Heads (H) or Tails (T). If they guess correctly they will win $2. If incorrect -...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cstdlib> #include <ct... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Global array exceeding length returns 0

I'm trying to understand the c++ compiler ;-( If i define an int array inside a function and i do not initialize the values of the elements, i will get nonsens...
[7 replies] Last: But why does the program return 0, when it should be pointing to a ... (by helios)
stackTop

I am trying to implement this stackTop function into my program, but I am having a hard time trying to understand why it does not display the member information...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much. I needed an extra set of eyes. I've been staring at... (by oscarocampo)
by Deny
Help with Program - For loop(?)

Write your question here. Hello, I'm trying to solve this problem http://coj.uci.cu/24h/problem.xhtml?pid=2264 I think i know how to solve it but cannot tran...
[12 replies] Last: Jesus, thats such a dumb mistake there's even an image in the problem,... (by Deny)
While Loop Repeats

Hello, I'm trying to solve this problem: http://coj.uci.cu/24h/problem.xhtml?pid=3031 The problem states that 2 integers are going to be the input. These ...
[11 replies] Last: Can't reproduce. It just exits immediately. (by helios)
User inputted lists?

I'm writing a program for a user to create a list of favorite things, maintain it. I don't quite know how to have the program print the list back. My pseudocode...
[no replies]
Comparing strings within a string array

Hi, I am trying to compare strings within a string array. I want to compare all the strings and output the one string that comes first alphabetically. So far, I...
[4 replies] Last: sasauke, Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out. I re... (by mikeStein)
by besurk
Need help solving my for loop errors

I am creating a simple program to determine the largest and smallest number of a set of numbers entered by the user. So far this is what I have come up with. Bu...
[6 replies] Last: Get rid of line 32 you don't need a ; on line 28 line 15 should be ... (by SamuelAdams)
cin problem

I'm making a calculator for dungeons and dragons. It's a house rule I'm using. I'm calculating the amount of impact force the enemies take as opposed to the swi...
[2 replies] Last: Oh I see. thank you! (by Kamiden)
Random array

What I'm trying to do is have the 1 main loop that will print the numbers in ascending order checking the last number if it's bigger or smaller than the one bef...
[2 replies] Last: Your question is quite unclear to me. If you want to sort the array of... (by Kevin C)
by chnl21
basic cashier program for c++

What is the correct answer for this program? Kinda new to programming. I need help. Program Description: Cashier 1.0 is a C++ program that displays on the s...
[3 replies] Last: you changed your amount due... it should be what you had in the first ... (by mgoetschius)
need help with modulo ecuation in simple encryption algorithm

i've made this simple encryption algorithm that takes a number and replace every digit with (digit+17)%10 while the digits are placed reversed in the new number...
[2 replies] Last: thanks (by closed account E3h7X9L8)
by h4ever
XOR operation

Is it possible to solve this by XOR operation? setts.view.rotation_315 = IsDlgButtonChecked(dialog,IDC_V_MROTATION_315); setts.view.rotation_45 = IsDlgBu...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for both replies (by h4ever)
For loop with random

I'm trying to create a different random name each run in this for loop. But the name doesn't change, and I don't understand why. int main() { ...
[2 replies] Last: I was wondering if that was the case. Of course I am aware that random... (by tacoball)
Understanding Runtime Complexities

I'm having a very difficult time grasping the concept of runtime analysis/complexities and how it relates to Big-Oh. For example, I need to find the (tight) as...
[3 replies] Last: ! It was a mistake. I assumed you are doing loop from 1 to i or i to ... (by MiiNiPaa)
terminate called after throwing instance std::bad_alloc

hey guys am having a problem with my code....am creating a game called defenders for my software development 2 project.....so forgive me i cant post my entire c...
[6 replies] Last: You are probably trying to allocate a huge block of memory. Run it in... (by dhayden)
by koded
Help with my program

I just created a cgpa calculator. I was able to stop infinite loop when a letter is being input instead of integer but i don't know how to stop a user from ente...
[2 replies] Last: Im not sure but have you tried a bool whit numeric limits? something ... (by anguiz)
Strange qsort behaviour on dynamic array of struct pointers

Hi, in the below code i am initializing a dynamic array of struct Foo*, start initializing the pointers and setting an index variable for sorting. qsort is get...
[2 replies] Last: Argh, thank you very much for clearing this up, now it's making sense!... (by murksmeier)
September 2015 Pages: 1... 3637383940... 42
  Archived months: [aug2015] [oct2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.