Beginners - September 2015 (Page 33)

Pointer table.

I'm trying to get this program to work, I'm having pointer crashes as soon as the program hits line 62 on the second iteration, I think I have some how lost the...
[4 replies] Last: So wouldn't I would need to point t to the second level of indirection... (by mishappp)
Using devc++ v5.1 and wingdim. Compiler says canĀ“t find linked files

I`m compiling a simple graphics program and added -lbgi -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -luuid -loleaut32 -lole32 to Compiler settings, but the GCC compiler tells me i...
[no replies]
by Winsu
to get a good input

I want to get the information TO a built type from an istream...for that purpose I have overloaded operator>> and later I have made a little parser to go along ...
[no replies]
Do while loop not repeating

I am having issues getting my code to repeat once the user has entered 'y' or 'Y'. Right now, I am only able to get the program to output the rainfall amount fo...
[4 replies] Last: Okay, excellent! Thank you for that information MiiNiPaa. (by mikeStein)
Input number of elements

The program is not working properly when I input 10. I don't know why but the program will add a '0' after the first element. Sample output: Input number ...
[2 replies] Last: for (int k = 0; k < element; k++)//line 46 { ... (by ne555)
Structs and linked lists

Can someone please help me understand why pPre->head = NULL is giving me an error. Also why is pLoc = list->head not allowed? struct node{ int data; node *...
[9 replies] Last: I just ran this code and it compiled and ran. #include <iostream> u... (by oscarocampo)
by Winsu
Virtual base class, constructor wrong..

I have declared a virtual base to avoid to duplicated the data members of my base class...the trouble is that the constructor dont get what I expect.... ...
[1 reply] : My constructor base was not declared at the most derivated class... (by Winsu)
How do I reset an integer once I've set it?

Basically, I'm trying to make it so when I press the wrong key it takes me straight back and makes me choose again but it doesn't change the int back to nothing...
[2 replies] Last: Thankyou very much i've fixed it now! (by ITZMARTINIZ)
Program to an alphabet using symbols

Hello everyone..... Just I need a help with a program... The question is write a c++ program to print an alphabet using any symbol(example:*) i.e for example ...
[8 replies] Last: wasnt me. (by Ericool)
Question on Visual Studio

Hi everyone. I write a code with Visual Studio 2012, will it be an error when i try to open it in Visual Studio 2010? Will it work?
[2 replies] Last: it will depend if you used c++11 semantics. note : vc10 -> vc100 ... (by Ericool)
HELP !! INPUT AND OUTPUT TEXT FILE PROBLEMS

We have a proposal presentation tomorrow and the program we made is a hotel advisory. And there is a problem in my program tho it's working when I try to Run it...
[3 replies] Last: double k, l; void Boracay(){ system("COLOR f6"); system ("cl... (by yhangong21)
by calz
Unnamed namespace (1,2)

Write your question here. Perform input validation for a username and password.Also create header files file user.cpp namespace Authenticate { User...
[20 replies] Last: Thank you (by calz)
by Winsu
template derivaded

I'm trying to get a constructor well done from a derivaded template but it's giving an error...the default constructor is working proprely but the next ones don...
[18 replies] Last: thanks, the compiler doesnt give you a clue at all... (by Winsu)
Incomplete type compilation error

Hey guys, I am trying to build a chess game and decided to create a class called 'board' which contains an 8x8 array of squares and some methods, and a neste...
[5 replies] Last: Oh right! I am using the constructor wrong I just need to use setName... (by mankurt)
by Winsu
shadow template

I would like to use T for all my templates...it's supposed to be the same kind so I dont know why it doesnt allow me to use T in my two templates.. #inclu...
[5 replies] Last: thanks!! (by Winsu)
by Zyety
what am i doing wrong?

give me the error: sh-4.3$ main ...
[2 replies] Last: You are missing more than a few enclosing braces. I don't know if the... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
GUI library for desktop biz apps and browser-hosted biz apps

Hi I am looking for a GUI library that can be used for both Desktop apps as well as can be hosted in a browser. This way, I can target both Desktop apps and ...
[1 reply] : If it isn't possible to have a common GUI library for desktop apps an... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Deny
Counting characters in a string

Hi, how do I count characters in a string, for example: "MMFRRRRMFMFMRRFFFMMMM" How could I count the R's but I can only chose a consecutive sequence, so only t...
[3 replies] Last: In this case you have to adapt SamuelAdams ' algorithm slightly: Fir... (by MiiNiPaa)
What does '->' do?

Quick question: What does -> do? eg. if (tool -> rc != 0) { .... } Thanks, (Search on here brings up nothing!) ...
[1 reply] : It is pointer member accesss. foo->bar is equivalent to (*foo).bar ... (by MiiNiPaa)
Matrix Header File Missing

How do I eliminate the two error messages in the code below? The coding is from Programming Principle and Practice Using C++ I am running Visual Studio 2013 Pr...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you FurryGuy. You found the header file I was looking for. (by phztfte1)
September 2015 Pages: 1... 3132333435... 42
  Archived months: [aug2015] [oct2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.