Beginners - September 2015 (Page 27)

switch and things

help regarding our assignment the trick is input a number -999 to 999 we cant use == , i cant simply make this work, what i have in mind is separate hu...
[14 replies] Last: Thank you for the clarification. (by Renthalkx97)
Supervision

Hello, I would like make an application which would allowed me to supervise on 1st computer what is going on the 2nd computer. I was wondering maybe to launch ...
[6 replies] Last: Ok I will try this way. See you later :) (by difenbahij)
Question about do while loops

I'm having a problem with a do while loop, with it not returning to the beginning while the given parameter is still met, any advice? #include<iostream> ...
[9 replies] Last: This is a c string, which is just an array of char, inlcudes a closing... (by DarkLightHitomi)
Beginner.... Game ideas?

Hi there... I'm trying to teach myself c++ I have looked online and watched numerous videos, I'm wanting to try and create my first game, any suggestions? ...
[6 replies] Last: Well I just went and bought books on the subject such as, "Creating Ga... (by CodeWriter)
Problem with references

Hey, so i got a std::map in my main which i use in other classes for reading or writing into it. It was all working well but i had a bug in my code, becuase of...
[2 replies] Last: > map(my_map) calls the copy constructor no, it doesn't. > the writin... (by ne555)
Ctor with parameters

Hi everyone, i have just started reading about Ctor with parameters, and i had written this Ctor: person::person(char* name=" ",int age=0,bool isMale=f...
[7 replies] Last: in the first code you wrote, you had initialized it in the construct... (by AbstractionAnon)
File deletion not working

Hello I'm trying to delete a simple Text-file, the function returns 1 (successful) but when I look in the Windows File Explorer, the file is still there. ...
[4 replies] Last: use the condition if(!fileExistance.good()) return -1; -1 li... (by Ericool)
Getting reference of class member with "this" access

Hi, I've got a class "TestClass" with a list (Qt list as pointer) that holds non-pointer integers and I'd like to get the adress of these non-pointer integers ...
[13 replies] Last: Yes I know, but I have some locale variables in the function that hav... (by Ericool)
by rish49
Optimization related programming

Hi To the pokemon fandom out there, I want to write a program to give the optimal attack types (yes you read that right)using the attack type chart (x2, x1, x.5...
[2 replies] Last: simply mentionning attack type , should give you an hint : type (enum ... (by Ericool)
unknonw override specifier

I have two class(class a , class b), each contained in different .h and .cpp files. I use inlucde of all .h files in all files. And then I have a class b object...
[4 replies] Last: override is for virtual methods , as for final override to mark a... (by Ericool)
by HG319
Matrix array prints transposed

I wrote a program to take in a dynamic array and creat a matrix but if i do for example and 2x3 matrix it will print a 3x2 matrix. Here some code below were I a...
[1 reply] : where is your code ? transpose is easy , simply do a nested for loop ... (by Ericool)
alternative to getAsyncKeyState?

hello, i have been working on a simple console game, but i have been told that getasynckeystate is bad, so i need an alternative to it. thanks. here is my cod...
[2 replies] Last: lol i know :P but it 's a good thing that i made this thing in a conso... (by xxgixxx)
Function is not updating data and program goes in an infinite loop

I am a newbie and quite new to programming. I am trying to update records in a binary file. I program on Turbo C++. The program does not update the records. W...
[5 replies] Last: Thank You all. It's all clear now. (by Diksha Modi)
Confused all the way..Really need help..

HI guys, My lab has come out and I'm really lost About this assignment... Idont know how to do commandline arguments.. I dont know how to use vectors to deal w...
[7 replies] Last: Your thread has a green tick so I assume it is done? Your last questio... (by CodeWriter)
error:expected '(' before 'not' tolken HElP!

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int a; int b; cin >> a; cin >> b; if(a > b) { int a; int b; ...
[2 replies] Last: What Peter87 said is correct. You'll also want to consider the negatio... (by YFGHNG)
Errors 2043, 2046 and 2047

I keep getting error messages, quoting errors 2043, 2046 repeatedly and then 2047 for the one default at the end. How can I prevent these? Here is the code: ...
[4 replies] Last: Check your switch(o); . There should be a big ass hint staring at you... (by YFGHNG)
by Mingda
EXC_BAD_ACCESS error

The code below is a node class, for implementation of linked list class. However, when running the code, there's error "EXC_BAD_ACCESS" in the member function N...
[4 replies] Last: I got it! The Node object created in the InsertNode function will last... (by Mingda)
Breakpoint/heap error in code

Hello I'm encountering an error when compiling mine application. It compiles fine but when I run it, I get two errors: 1) ConsoleApplication.exe has trigger...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the help and advise all! :) I had to use FileToDelete.lengt... (by Nielyboyken)
merge sort two arrays

I have a problem with this code, I can not get the right sorted number. if I enter for the first array: 5... 5 4 3 2 1 and then for the second array:4...9 8 7 6...
[9 replies] Last: thank you (by closed account 367L3TCk)
September 2015 Pages: 1... 2526272829... 42
  Archived months: [aug2015] [oct2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.