Beginners - September 2015 (Page 21)

function problem, please help.

Write your question here. So I'm really new and I just don't understand why my code can't work. For my function it can't return to average. Also, line 10 it ...
[3 replies] Last: thanks for the reply, but i still get stuck. how should i fix it ? (by kkl19880913)
I am having trouble making my program output correctly on my 2nd while loop

I am just having issues with this program big time. I have been working on it for 6 days and still no cigar. What's going on is I am trying to do the juggler se...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/173931/ I was told to re ask t... (by Giorgio)
I am having trouble making my program output correctly on my 2nd while loop

I am just having issues with this program big time. I have been working on it for 6 days and still no cigar. What's going on is I am trying to do the juggler se...
[6 replies] Last: God Bless you as well (by Giorgio)
by JQ44
Input values into an array.

Hey, I'm trying to input some values into an array. The array lenght is determined by an integer 'n' the user inputs. I haven't succeed in storing the values...
[1 reply] : Valid indices for array are from 0 to n-1 . When you try to out... (by Norm Gunderson)
Compiler setup

OK, so I feel dumb asking this question, but I haven't been able to figure out what I am doing wrong. I had a working installation and set-up of Code Blocks IDE...
[no replies]
by KMagic
Size of a string

I notice that sizeof(string) always gives the value 28 (at least, in my laptop). However, when I declare a string with 100 characters, sizeof(str) still gives t...
[3 replies] Last: sizeof(std::string) , in-object space for small string storage: GNU... (by JLBorges)
Easter calculator

Hello guys I need your help im really new in C++ and I need to do easter calculation to get the right easter day, at the moment I could get one year. Example: ...
[1 reply] : Hi, I have always wondered how the Easter date was figured out, Now I... (by TheIdeasMan)
stuck looping w/o a break;

Hi this is part of an assignment I am working on for conversion of gallons to liters. My question is: Is there a way to end this loop without a break? My tea...
[6 replies] Last: My teacher said we can't use a break in our program unless it is part... (by dhayden)
How to find the values being swapped in two different arrays?

How to find the values being swapped in two different arrays? and not allowed to use the std library {2, 3, 6} {1, 4, 7} will become {1, 3, 7} {2, 4...
[4 replies] Last: If you're able to use std::vector, I'd create a vector, and then push_... (by YFGHNG)
Tic Tac Toe

Okay guys so i need help big time. We are supposed to create a tic tac toe game vs smart AI. We are to use enums for game pieces and a single dimension array fo...
[1 reply] : line 65: }while(gameWin() == false); (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by ct180
cout from iterating void function in library

I'm trying to return from a void function (which I might be doing wrong to begin with) from a lbrary being called from the linked main but I get the error: 'c+...
[1 reply] : Was able to use ostream and a vector to finish this one! (by ct180)
How to read numbers and operators only from a string?

Hi all, I'm trying to make a postfix/RPN calculator, and everything is working except for one little thing. If I take an input of something like "5 3f +" it...
[3 replies] Last: Hi, Just wanted to mention my hearty dislike hatred of constructs l... (by TheIdeasMan)
how char read two digit integer

solved
[4 replies] Last: Please don't delete your original post, it is bad form here, and it ma... (by TheIdeasMan)
sum of digits of an int

Write your question here. Hi, I am trying to write a code to sum the digits of an integer but it keeps on coming back as a 0:( anything will help, thanks! ...
[10 replies] Last: oops I missed what u wrote. The test is num != 0 (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
pointer to array to function

Hey guys, So I have to write a code that uses a pointer for call by reference to send the elements of an array to a function one at a time. The function shoul...
[9 replies] Last: Hi, You should note and implement the things that JLBorges has ment... (by TheIdeasMan)
Help with an assignment

Hello Everyone! Hope all is well, Im taking Programming 1 and, im a noob at coding in general,but Im having a hard time understanding how to connect the list f...
[no replies]
Switch statement-invalid conersion from char to int

hello everyone, I'm not sure whats going on with my switch statement. I have a enumerated type value of 0,1,2,or 3 that I am passing into my function. I want to...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you for your input. Thanks for pointing me in the right directio... (by jpanther)
by besurk
How do I take a string of characters and sum their ascii values?

Could someone please explain to me how would I take a string of characters such as 'ABCDEFGHI' and convert them to their ascii values so I can sum them?
[5 replies] Last: Since a character is an integral type, you can just use accumulate whi... (by Alrededor)
Undeclared identifier help, can't figure out what's wrong

It pops up and shows these messages when compiling, but I couldn't figure out what's wrong, can anyone help me? I just want to write a program where user types ...
[3 replies] Last: It declares the variable as constant. After you set those values, they... (by Zhuge)
Need help with single char value

I've look all over the forum for help but I don't understand those solutions. I'm a newbie. I need to check the first char in the customer number and test wheth...
[17 replies] Last: ... and jlb too for correction on square brackets which I'd forgotten.... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
September 2015 Pages: 1... 1920212223... 42
  Archived months: [aug2015] [oct2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.