Beginners - September 2015 (Page 20)

Sub string from string.

I'm having a bit of problems getting a piece of a string. The string I have looks something like this. 50.184.xxx.xx:52240/7656119xxxxxxxxxx/John joined [win...
[2 replies] Last: do you need everything? If I need every piece of information here I w... (by Gamer2015)
constructor for different objects

I have the following struct struct one { char q ; int a; char n ; }; one punch={"punch", 15,"kill" } ; one kick={"kick",...
[10 replies] Last: oh! thanx... (by shadder)
by h4ever
GDI+ problem

I try to use GDI+ I have this header: #include <gdiplus.h> #pragma comment (lib, "gdiplus.lib") and lots of errors in gdiplusimaging.h looks like I ...
[1 reply] : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3489373/visual-studio-c-2010-expres... (by Hippogriff)
Error checking C++ function - help - more explanation can be added if needed

I need help with a c++ error function code. Notes on input data  In the number of bedrooms column A value other than 1 or 2 generates an error  In the Ty...
[1 reply] : Too much background text. Here are some problems I see with the code ... (by Hippogriff)
Anybody have any remarks on my code?

Does anybody have any remarks on my code? It's a countdown style timer. (Please note I will be adding comments soon) #include <iostream> #include <string> #i...
[7 replies] Last: I see now. Though it's interesting that I've been used to creating cus... (by YFGHNG)
Need help turning a string to an int

How would I go about turning a nice character string into three separate int values so I can sum there ascii values of each set? For example "ABCDEFGHI" - "...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> int main() { std::string str = "Helle World!";... (by Renthalkx97)
Need Help with triangle area calculator problem

Hi, I needed help with the following problem for an assignment. Write a C++ program that reads in three points from the keyboard (x1,y1), (x2,y2), and (x3,y3)...
[12 replies] Last: I ran the program and knew it was working after the bracket change and... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
HELP PLEASE

how would i write the program that says the use will enter a number ..then the program will receive certain amount depending on the number he entered and then s...
[2 replies] Last: If your stuck, try writing it on paper, and think about the process. (by SamuelAdams)
Problem with if statement with multiple or conditionals

I am trying to write a program that will perform a grammar check on a very limited customized language of english with japanese suffixes. I am having trouble ...
[1 reply] : A man is not a woman or a fish. Think about it. Your if statement wil... (by pnoid)
by Jon15
Checking for binary input and conversion

In my function to check if the input value was binary or not, I am struggling with the how i should do that exactly. What should I put as my else if condition? ...
[17 replies] Last: Nevermind I figured it out, thanks for all the help guys. (by Jon15)
by cbar
Newbie converting distance errors

Hey guys, brand new to this and have to write a program for converting distances displaying labels, and numbers with 3 digits to the right of the decimal. Keep ...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> // conversion constants const... (by JLBorges)
Problem with simple code

A course has 3 assignments, each of which is of worth 100 points. Assignments are worth 25% of the total course grade points. Write a user friendly program tha...
[3 replies] Last: Because you are doing integer division to calculate 'Average'. The ans... (by Arslan7041)
by Immo
Overloading >> operator for inherited class

How would I make this work? The professor instructed us to use private variables so I couldn't set them to protected. Do I have to set up new variables to input...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> struct person { virtual ~p... (by JLBorges)
debug error

i want to have error message print out when input number is greater than 27. i got error message "abort() has been called". what is my problem? thank you...
[4 replies] Last: Here is another sample I just defined error as a template. My IDE does... (by Blackhart98)
Closing the console

Write your question here. Most people have the opposite problem to me. My hello program works just fine. It closes when I press enter (or at least it stops wo...
[no replies]
input validation does not work

Doing input validation for the input of "hiGal" and the inputValidation_Hi() no longer works after receiving a error: 'h' is not a type problem(a rogue h charac...
[no replies]
struct, function and pointer problem

Hi, i am learning c++ by myself . I am trying to write a code to find slop using struct, function and pointer. In the main function i really get lost. Any help...
[no replies]
Class, loops, constructors

hey guys I'm trying to practice writing codes with class and objects. I tried to wrote a program where I make 5 instances of the class using a for loop. Also I...
[no replies]
by jokru
.txt into a char (1,2)

So I'm really new and I just want to get "all.txt" into the char temp.
[23 replies] Last: Thank you so much man, you have helped me so much! (by jokru)
Dividing without division or mod operator

I am very new to programming and am having a problem getting started here. I know i need to use repeated subtraction inside of a loop, but i cant seem to transl...
[1 reply] : See the "The while loop" section here: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tu... (by andywestken)
September 2015 Pages: 1... 1819202122... 42
  Archived months: [aug2015] [oct2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.