Beginners - September 2015 (Page 18)

by CVLT
Need help with functions

Ive written these functions but I need a little more descriptive help with the last one -getDollars: a function that returns the amount in U.S. dollars entered...
[4 replies] Last: I didn't mean the getDollars function. I was talking about your other ... (by Peter87)
All permutations of a string - how does this work?!

Below is a code that prints all permutations of a string. I wanted to know how it worked, so I tried tracing (by pen and paper) but its quite difficult and im g...
[11 replies] Last: > a copy of the function is made ¿what do you mean with a copy? funct... (by ne555)
question about getline

Hello, I am writing a program that accepts 2 strings as input (they may or may not have spaces), then take the characters one by one from each string in order,...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Kemort.... It worked, but I decided to take a different rout f... (by JoshuaMostafa)
question about class design

I am working on a small game program. I use ID3DXSPRITE to draw all scenes. In this game I have several types of objects : tank, wall, spike, missile(maybe more...
[7 replies] Last: No worries :+) Try searching for collision detection as well. (by TheIdeasMan)
by BEARS
How to use modulo????

I am very new to programming and I'm struggling with understanding modulo. I get that it means remainder, but I am having trouble using it in an actual program...
[9 replies] Last: Hmm. Very interesting. and weird :/. Anyway thanks again for all th... (by BEARS)
by guru23
Simple C++ question

I'm sort of new C++. Last night, I thought of something. I want to multiply a 3-digit number. For example, 441 would be equal to 16 (4 * 4 * 1). How would I...
[1 reply] : The program isn't gonna know that you want each digit multiplied by th... (by YFGHNG)
Complete stumped on how to remove certain parts of a string

My assignment is to translate one language into another, and a subset of this assignment is removing parts of an entered string, specifically removing "the" and...
[1 reply] : This might be of interest to you. http://www.cplusplus.com/reference... (by YFGHNG)
Help with login code

Hi, I've been working on a login code and I was pleased that it worked perfectly until you put letters instead of numbers in the code, it just spams invalid pas...
[1 reply] : pass is a float. The error arises because strings are not integers. (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
changing all the characters of a string

I need to do a code that captures a string of random characters and a number, this separates the chain in 2 and then prints out each one, first the last letters...
[1 reply] : First, explain cycles. Are you saying you can't use loops? Or are you ... (by YFGHNG)
1000 digits

I'm currently doing this problem: http://coj.uci.cu/24h/problem.xhtml?pid=1102 which is actually a very easy problem, just that I have a slight problem, how d...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks!! (by carlious)
by besurk
Need help using references

For my program, I am currently stuck, I know what I want to do, but don't know how to translate it into code. I need help on how I would go about to separating ...
[1 reply] : Hmmm... Maybe this can help You, but it`s a bit different. Question: ... (by MarekG)
Program Arguments wont work

So I have a program that I am making that always end up with the wrong answer.As you can see whenever the option "-p" is given it outputs "Heelo". If the option...
[1 reply] : strcmp() returns 0 if its arguments are equal. static const int SAME... (by tcs)
Need help!!!

How would you set this up? Each other time that the user gives a five digit number, give your number as follows: compute the difference of each digit of the us...
[3 replies] Last: danielz thanks for the help but i just started c++ programming in coll... (by chang123)
a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' token

I tried to run the program, it showed something like this: In function 'int main()': 41:13: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' toke...
[2 replies] Last: This might get you started... You did not declare the function reverse... (by Bdanielz)
Class: Adding/Deleting/Output to file question

With the .txt file below for example. I need some suggestions how I can add information to the file, or delete a certain line, and how to save the changed .txt ...
[no replies]
How to do this program?

I need help with part d of this lab i have to do. I have tried a lot of ways but cant find a way to work it out. Any help is appreciated!i already did all excep...
[4 replies] Last: i coudn't thank you enough ^_^ really thanks and sorry to bother you (by chang123)
Command window displaying all choices at once

Hey, I'm a beginner and I need help with my code. Whenever I run the code, it asks me for my student ID like it's supposed to, and once I press enter all the o...
[3 replies] Last: thank you guys, I got it. (by closed account oN3k92yv)
Function Overloaded in Simple Program?

I'm trying to create a simple program which converts a decimal number into hexadecimal. I'm trying to keep it done in ways that aren't super complex and advance...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, that fixed it. I'm dumb and was moving code around. I guess I ... (by hpardo11)
by ar2007
explanation

Hi, could someone explain to me the meaning of the line of code shown below? the book is about self-assignment .... ( book: Bruce Eckel vol. 1) Integer& o...
[2 replies] Last: thx Bdanielz. perfect explanation (by ar2007)
reversed number

Write your question here. I tried to make the reversed number work. Would someone please help me? Thank you.
[2 replies] Last: reverse() doesn't do what you think it does. It works on containers, ... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
September 2015 Pages: 1... 1617181920... 42
  Archived months: [aug2015] [oct2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.