Beginners - September 2015 (Page 17)

Frequency of Words in 2D array

Hi, I am in an intro programming class where we use qt creator and program in C/C++. My current assignment is to read in passwords from a document into a 2D...
[2 replies] Last: UNIX is your friend: system("sort words.txt | uniq -c | sort -n | tai... (by dhayden)
by Dazzer
Noob question about library source code

Consider the following: #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> int main() { std::cout << "I am a noob.\n"; } The "std::cout" part points to a library f...
[3 replies] Last: What do you mean by "non-source library"? There are libraries where ... (by MiiNiPaa)
If, Else statements help

I just started learning C++ last week. I'm trying to write a simple code using if and else statements, apparently there is an error in my code and I can't ident...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for that tip. Here is the updated code. *sigh* I still have ... (by Stevecaresx)
Passing struct arrays to functions

The following example is discussed in the tutorial on this link: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/structures/ I have two confusions here. 1) The fun...
[2 replies] Last: OK. Thanks alot. (by saherch)
Constants and Declarations

I have this hw problem. This is an example of one of the seven I need. Am I declaring the double symbolic constant right? "The program should use at least seven...
[4 replies] Last: Ah, I see. And yes, although you can do quite powerful things with th... (by Norm Gunderson)
enum, typedef & switch/if comparison?

I got two questions: 1. Is the "enum" keyword nothing more than a typedef of "const unsigned int"? 2. Is a switch statement nothing more than a cleaner-lo...
[6 replies] Last: Sweet. That's a lot of great replies, thanks. :) (by Madolite)
Can i get help with C# ( ToUpper() )?

So i need to correct the capitalization of the string so that every first letter would be Upper, here's what i've done (not sure if i'm using the Substring corr...
[2 replies] Last: Strings are immutable in C# so Substring and ToUpper can't modify the ... (by Peter87)
having problems understanding pointers and subscripts

see issue in code below int y= 10; int x = {42, 651, 10}; pointer(&y, x); void pointer(int *yPtr, int *xPtr2) { cout << *yPtr; // sh...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> int main() { int x { 42, 651, 10 }; // type... (by JLBorges)
Calling a function with an array inside it

Hey, my question is simple. How do I call a function if I want to bring my array from my previous function? I tried this below, but it doesn't work, I get the e...
[2 replies] Last: Lets say I had give the array different values before calling the func... (by qvantry)
how to save programs

Hullo fellows, I am strugling with saving my fies. I can create a project but when trying to save the file it becoes depandet. Please help!
[1 reply] : when you create a project, choose c++ empty file then name it with .cp... (by claudeyboy)
Help with log in problem

Hello!! I am a beginner c++ user and need help! I need to write a program where you can are given a temporary password(1234) and a username(123456) you h...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, I edited my question :) (by Juanda084)
Playing audio from a socket with buffering

Hello, I'm coming from a more scripted background and now trying to move one of my applications to C++. I could just use to be pointed in the right direction...
[no replies]
Assistance in my code.

I'm writing a program for my homework, and we suppose to use the switch case, and we are suppose to input number of any amendment and the out put will be a brie...
[6 replies] Last: "PuTTY is a utility for the Windows operating system that allows the u... (by soumyaxyz)
Average Student Grade HW (Please Help ASAP)

Hello guys, I have a homework assignment due tomorrow. I put my code below but I have several errors which I can't seem to figure out why :(. The assignme...
[2 replies] Last: 2 errors now - line 28 col 2 C:\Users\Rob\Desktop\main.cpp expected ... (by Rgillooly91)
Problem with array comparison

Hi! I'm trying to write the program suggested here, "Pancake Glutton": http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/12974/. I'm trying to make it so that the user...
[3 replies] Last: You can make it so much simpler by simply getting rid of 'pcake' varia... (by Arslan7041)
Reading txt file and creating an Struct with Arrays

Im given information about a person ID, Name, and Address in a text file for example like this: 123543 Joe, Shomoe 36 Jon Havey Court, Middle, MO 66222 ...
[4 replies] Last: Line 40 is wrong. string::compare() returns non-zero if the strings ar... (by dhayden)
by cCj
random always returns same values

Hi I was trying to use the new c++ random classes but for some reason the output of the program is always the same. I tried to put Sleep() in there to make dif...
[6 replies] Last: Ok makes sense, thanks (by cCj)
while c++

Write your question here. Whenever I put a lowercase 'c', the program doesn't exit. I don't know why this happen.
[5 replies] Last: Hi mwu, This is really the same subject as your other post, and we ar... (by TheIdeasMan)
by mindoo
C++ Multiconnection basic console tchat server Winsock2 Second client not receiving anything

Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys could go check out my post on stack overflow because nobody is answering and I'm really stuck. I know your not really sup...
[7 replies] Last: Is that what is making my code crash ? As I said: Yes: the programm e... (by coder777)
.exe stops executing at the point of main function

I've tried to compile and run this on my dev c++ which is the latest version of the orwell dev c++ 5.11. Well, I tried to run this online using cpp.sh and it wo...
[4 replies] Last: You're speaking vaguely about a problem. How to reproduce the problem?... (by coder777)
September 2015 Pages: 1... 1516171819... 42
  Archived months: [aug2015] [oct2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.