Beginners - September 2015 (Page 15)

by tnt980
help with log project

i need help with this assignment 1 Overview Your task is to write a program that computes the log base b of a number n where the user provides both n and...
[no replies]
Trying to use PuTTY to write to a file (lang is C++)

I am using putty to write some of my C++ programs in. I locate my directory, and i made a file in my home directory named "name.txt". My name.txt file and my pr...
[2 replies] Last: Oh it's in there I'm just it just didn't copy and paste for some reaso... (by Outlaw782)
by BEARS
Errors in program

Which of the following are errors in the following program? An error may be syntax, logic, or even style (indention, spacing, identifiers, etc.). #includ...
[5 replies] Last: Cool. Thanks (by BEARS)
Coding Help

Hello everyone. I am taking a C++ class at my local community college and our first big programming assignment is due in just a few days. I have all my code w...
[1 reply] : You can use: cout << "Hello, would you like to play a game?" << end... (by DyslexicChciken)
by kefzz
Program crashes

I'm a fairly fresh programmer having trouble with some code I've been working on. for some reason it keeps crashing after a point in the code - this is the text...
[3 replies] Last: Thans MiiNiPaa, it was indeed the pointer out of range. Seems I mixed ... (by kefzz)
by brad97
Please Help Fix My Program

Hello, I am very new to the world of coding and I am trying to write a program that prompts the user to input the elapsed time for an event in seconds. The prog...
[1 reply] : Hmmm, remove last } and try. (by MarekG)
by brad97
Help Fixing Program

Hello, I am very new to the world of coding and I am trying to write a program that prompts the user to input five decimal numbers. The program should then add ...
[4 replies] Last: okay, lets fix your code... #include <iostream> using namespace std... (by pearlyman)
Program Help PLease!

Trying to square a number that is input by a user, the number must be BETWEEN 0 and 10. If its not im asked to terminate program. What am i doing wrong and why ...
[2 replies] Last: Or if (a > 0 && a < 10) It`s the same, only '&&' instead of 'and'... (by MarekG)
by haz94
Snake C++

Hi all, came across this forum recently and seems like a good resource for me to learn and ask for help when needed, so today I joined. Anyway, I am new to C++...
[4 replies] Last: so I have to get the input from the class and then input into a functi... (by haz94)
Why are Go-to statements not allowed? Does a go-to statement function similarly to a break or continue?

I keep reading about how bad it is to use Go-To but I also see lots of programs that use break. Not so many that use go-to. Regardless, everyone only seems to c...
[1 reply] : goto statements creates Spaghetti code. Which is just code that is har... (by Yanson)
Kept on getting the result "0.0%" as my total

In the code below, my results would always be 0.0%. I'm trying to make it 77.5% Any ideas? I'm assuming there's something wrong with the math equation: percen...
[1 reply] : percentage = numCorrect / numQuestions; You're doing integer divis... (by AbstractionAnon)
by b4r0ck
No Viable Overloaded "="

Hi, even if I overload the operator =, I still get this error. class Complex{ private: double re; double im; public: Complex(){ im=0.0; re=0...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you! (by b4r0ck)
Making a Bill

I'm supposed to be making a bill and it went well up until i needed to have taxes added to the bill and I also ended up being required to use minutes instead of...
[1 reply] : You can't cin to an expression: cin >> ((hourlyRate * minutesInstru... (by AbstractionAnon)
Help With This Problem of Code

I am having issues here and trying to figure out where I went wrong. Any help would be appreciated. So far I have this code but getting a couple errors near the...
[4 replies] Last: Ah ok thank you. Something simple. I'll get this down eventually. Stil... (by ndfan2015)
Members of constant object of a class

I have two related questions to ask. 1)In the following link, it is written that "When an object of a class is qualified as a const object: The access ...
[2 replies] Last: O.K. Thanks for sharing the links. (by saherch)
by BEARS
What's does peek do???

What does cons peek function do exactly? A. Returns a copy of the next input char B. Reads the next input char C. Will (typically) not cause cour to print...
[1 reply] : Have you tried just looking up the method? http://www.cplusplus.com/re... (by Zhuge)
by b4r0ck
get an Error Message and there's no reason

Hi, I wrote some simple code, I made a very similar program, and that one run smoothly, this one show me some errors. #include "MailMsg.h" #include "MailBox....
[1 reply] : You did not provide mailmsg.h or mailbox.h so I don't know what those ... (by AbstractionAnon)
by tnt980
Help With Log

I need help with this project 1 Overview Your task is to write a program that computes the log base b of a number n where the user provides both n and b. Y...
[1 reply] : This is not a homework site. We won't do your homework for you. Howeve... (by AbstractionAnon)
by BEARS
Logical error

What is logically wrong with this code fragment?? double x = 4/3 I think the way to fix this 2ould be to use a const, but I'm not sure what the lo...
[1 reply] : Try: double x = 4/3.0; you have integer division issues (google i... (by mutexe)
Telling a function how many parameters it receives

Hello. I'm having problems with a procedure: void queue_destroy (queue_t* queue, void destroy_data(void*)) What I ought to do is: if queue_destroy receiv...
[2 replies] Last: What you need to do is change the second argument to an optional funct... (by AbstractionAnon)
September 2015 Pages: 1... 1314151617... 42
  Archived months: [aug2015] [oct2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.