Beginners - September 2015 (Page 12)

file input output operation issues

sorry
[4 replies] Last: If you mean where you should put it inside VS where you have the Add N... (by YFGHNG)
by Dkob1
Default Arg.

Is this the correct definition of default arguments? A default argument is a value provided in function declaration that is automatically assigned by the compil...
[1 reply] : Line 1 is correct for a function declaration with default arguments. ... (by AbstractionAnon)
by suppa
Pick up Sticks Game

Someone in the forum needed help fixing their pick up sticks game and now i cant find them. So for anyone that needs a reference here you go. #include <...
[no replies]
Need help with my program!!

Well I got the code part so far im lost tho.if any of you have another code that can help me that be cool and My teacher wants the algorithm steps as well in a ...
[3 replies] Last: The best way to a program is to do it step by step, so you declare you... (by suppa)
by dsa27
I need help with type casting

How can I made the answer display 18 when I enter 0 for fahrenheit #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main() { float fahre...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much all of you. That is just what I needed. I'm super gr... (by dsa27)
set a flag for money value then unset for time

Im trying to set the flag for money but this function runs in a loop and the flag and precision stays so i try to un set it after its displays but the next tim...
[4 replies] Last: I tried that but then it is displayed as scientific notation, why woul... (by AlexBoggs)
Change the value a pointer points to

Exactly as it says in the title :) I have a pointer size_t* p_i = malloc(sizeof(size_t)); And a size_t variable whose content is changing const...
[1 reply] : Yes, that's the idea. It's not necessary to cast p_i to void * in th... (by AbstractionAnon)
by ncaver
Programming Help. Can Some One Help Me Please ??

Write your question here. Write an interactive C++ program that inputs a series of 12 temperatures from the user. It should write out on file "tempdata.dat" ea...
[4 replies] Last: What do you mean ?? The only question you asked was "Can someone hel... (by AbstractionAnon)
by Dkob1
Beginner - func. head

What is a function header? Give an example to justify your description. Is this right: int main ()
[1 reply] : If you have a function, yes, the header is like: returning_value_type... (by Powdertrail)
How to overload []= operator?

Hi, guys, I'd like to overload two operators in a class, which I can get the set the data. like, var = test ; test = x; I'd like to know how to realiz...
[4 replies] Last: thank you, MiiNiPaa, I see it now. (by andybabe)
help me please numbers pattern

input 5 output 12345 23451 34512 45123 51234
[1 reply] : 42 #include <iostream> #include <string> int main() { for (int j... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by Dkob1
void function (BASIC)

What is the key problem in writing a void function that returns the product of two numbers? We cannot return function calling void right. ?
[2 replies] Last: A void function does not return a value. What other methods are t... (by keskiverto)
by C0UG3R
Getline reading whole line and ignoring spaces.

Basically I'm reading a line from a file and putting the contents into a structure, my problem is that the file keeps reading the whole line together and ignori...
[7 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <sstream> #include <io... (by JLBorges)
Pancake Glutton Exercise - How can I improve it?

So I did the pancake glutton exercise which you can find here: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/12974/ My code for it is below. It works, but Im just ...
[8 replies] Last: @arslan - you are right but I knew that because there is still the sor... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Caesar Decipher

Hi Im working on a Caesar cipher program that is supposed to decipher encrypted messages and decipher them using all keys. I have the decipher function but I wa...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string.h> using std::string; using std... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Hello

I am newbie in this forum
[no replies]
by Dkob1
Function Prototype (Basic Question)

What is permissible to leave out when coding a function prototype, as opposed to a function header? Is it leaving out names of arguments. Is a global consta...
[2 replies] Last: You can leave out the names in the function header as well, but then y... (by Peter87)
by Dkob1
Static Local variable vs Global variable

What happens inside a function if a static local variable has the same name as a global variable? How does a static local variable differ from a global variab...
[5 replies] Last: Still you can access global variable by specifying that you need globa... (by MiiNiPaa)
Need help

What is the problem with this program , when I enter 3 for trigonometric it show 1 for sin .....and does not recieve input #include<iostream> #include...
[1 reply] : I'm on old blackberry the code doesn't look properly but, it's just my... (by LendraDwi)
by Jaman3
Can't read single line using std::getline

I am new to c++ so this might be a simple question. I am trying to read a single line at a time, however when I use std::getline, it reads all of them at once. ...
[7 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> int main() { int i; int case... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
September 2015 Pages: 1... 1011121314... 42
  Archived months: [aug2015] [oct2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.