Beginners - September 2013 (Page 53)

undefined reference to `foo'

I am making a text-based RPG game or you can call it as an engine. But I have a problem. When I try to compile my project it gives errors like that. You can...
[4 replies] Last: You are my hero :) Thanks a lot. Corrected globals.cpp: #include ... (by closed account 1v5E3TCk)
emergency !!!!!

when i enter the option 1... it will display 2 output the following question... i mean>>>>>>it will be like this.. > enter your name:enter your diameter: how ...
[7 replies] Last: You have (at least) two problems. 1) You have a newline character lef... (by AbstractionAnon)
My program isnt running how i need it to. Help?

im supposed to 1. Write a function that computes and returns a persons Body Mass \ Where weight is measured in pounds and height is measured in inches. 2....
[9 replies] Last: its not being called in the main function? At line 29, you refere... (by AbstractionAnon)
by elfeck
Updating a pointer

Hello, I have the following: class X; class A { X* ptr; // ... }; class B { // ... }; I need some method to update ptr in class B. I...
[3 replies] Last: I dont get this working: class A { private: A** writebackPtr; pub... (by elfeck)
by Dystar
Do Return Values call Functions?

Ok, this is going to sound a little odd but I don't think the code below should work but it does: the function circleCircumference() is never called in main() t...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks all, think I understand now, the use of the return value and th... (by Dystar)
No sidebar or the bottom-bar in code::Blocks?

For some reason i dont have sidebar or bottom-bar in CB pic http://puu.sh/4m2Ma.jpg anyway to get it back, i think i might have taken it away by accident...
[1 reply] : Played around with it and got it: pic http://puu.sh/4m2Rx.png (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
spliting string and token as string

is there any way to split a string and get token as string? strtok returns char* ..
[2 replies] Last: Use boost split http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_54_0/doc/html/string_a... (by JLBorges)
by coder1
SIGKILL

Hello, I was looking on the internet for the causes of SIGKILL runtime error, but I found nothing, can you help me? Thank you Coder1
[3 replies] Last: > I'm not sure what runtime errors would cause the operating system to... (by JLBorges)
by Ch1156
find_first_of, size_type and find_first_not_of

ok so i had some questions that this sites documentation couldnt clear up for me so here they are. find_first_of: I assume this finds the first instance of th...
[1 reply] : size_type is an unsigned integral type (like unsigned long ) that i... (by JLBorges)
Formula call not executing

Write your question here. Hello, I am having difficulty with my formula call and not sure where its coming from.. My program runs and reads the followin...
[6 replies] Last: ahh gotcha, great thanks!! (by Pepper12704)
getline();

i am confused with syntax which one is correct ifstream fileptr; string line; fileptr.getline(line,100); or getline(fileptr,line)
[4 replies] Last: thank you! got it (by hellcoder)
permutation function call help.

Doing an exercise that states... A permutation of three objects, a, b, and c, is any arrangement of these objects in a row. For example, some of the permuta...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> using namespace std; void permut(string s); int... (by Bdanielz)
It says "unable to open ' cos.obj'"

HI.... i am new to c++ programming . I installed dosbox0.74 and i also installed c++ compiler (borland) I am using win8. so when I open dos and start to wr...
[2 replies] Last: thank you. I'll try (by karan1358)
How would I shuffle a 2D array?

I have a 2D array with 108 strings. How do I shuffle it correctly? I don't think I'm doing it right
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> #include <cst... (by JLBorges)
error: request for member 'GetAge' in 'c', which is of non-class type 'Cat()'

Hi, I receive this error message: main.cpp:64:15: error: request for member 'GetAge' in 'c', which is of non-class type 'Cat()' #include <string> #...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks! You solved my problem again :) (by Observer)
by alikim
How websocket connection work?

As I understand at the beginning you need to send a handshake through http and switch protocols to websocket, and then you use a socket connection to send/recei...
[no replies]
Operator Overloading Syntax Problem

Just need someone to point me in the right direction with my syntax in C++. I have a Matrix class with these declarations: private: //private member varia...
[3 replies] Last: no problem. ive done worse (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by Aibsr
set and get errors

I set some information using set functions, i call for the set functions in function A. when i get the information using get functions in function A they are th...
[19 replies] Last: OMGGGGG it worked!!! Thank youuu thank youu finally!! You are amazin... (by Aibsr)
Can't figure out where I messed up

So everything else in my code is working except for the last final bit in which I display a message. My output is a bit off I should be getting: Enter the c...
[2 replies] Last: Should I change void Child::setInSchool(int getAge()) to void Child... (by halamaker)
Matching numbers are repeating, how do i get rid of that?

Hi, i am a beginner. I, uh, should do a lottery that asks the user to input 5 numbers and then generate a 5 random numbers for the lotto results then after it s...
[3 replies] Last: > Will you please tell me what code should be replaced in my code? I'm... (by JLBorges)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 5152535455... 64
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.