Beginners - September 2013 (Page 51)

Interesting puzzle + function pointers?

OK. Say my current algo is: function func_a() { // 100 lines of code } if (a==0) { // call func_a a(); } Now, I want to in...
[4 replies] Last: I think my question is not clear to everyone here who is trying to ans... (by bhargavah)
HELP NEEDED with functions, CODE included

So I need to compartmentalize this code into different functions which will be called by the main. I have been having issues with calling the dynamic arrays in...
[no replies]
C++ webpage

Hi, It is possible to create in C + + website and run on the server http://www.savana.cz/ ? Thx
[no replies]
issues with setprecision or fixed.. not sure

Write your question here. The inData file looks like this. Miller Andrew 65789.87 5 Green Sheila 75892.56 6 Sethi Amit 74900.50 6.1 Currently t...
[4 replies] Last: This seemed to solve it. while (inFile >> lname >> fname >> sa... (by Bdanielz)
Strings in file I/O/

So I'm trying to do a basic program which takes in id nos. and names and store it in a file. the problem: ">> does not have any matching operands" int id...
[4 replies] Last: @Cubbi Oh, i see i didn't know you can input 2 values using only one ... (by nvrmnd)
C string problem

This code works on my desktop tower using windows 7 DEV C++, but does not work on my Toshiba laptop in windows 8. If I enter alan the results are >>@#%<<. Charc...
[4 replies] Last: It worked on my desktop so I didn't catch it. That fixed it. Thanks (by pronesti)
How do i read in a file and move it to two other locations?

I want to copy a file to a new file. I thought this would do it but it doesn't copy it over to the new one #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> int main() { const char* ... (by JLBorges)
well this is weird

edit
[8 replies] Last: Fortunatily I still have the source code Problem why when input a num... (by closed account 28poGNh0)
arrays and functions

i need to make a function and array that allows me read in the id for the .txt file and search the component corresponding to the id, add up the total amount of...
[1 reply] : You need to give us more details. What does the file look like? (by Josue Molina)
How to edit the text in a file

I have this basic coding below that will read the file and display it. I want to be able to change the formatting of the text in the file. For example the forma...
[4 replies] Last: while(getline(f, s)){ v.push_back(s); s??? yes the string s, is be... (by metulburr)
by Aibsr
constructor

Write your question here. class A { private: int* a; public: A(){ a=new int ; for (int i=0; i<3; i++) a = i; } }; int main() { A p; //W...
[3 replies] Last: First : It is better to implement a destructor that can delete the dat... (by closed account 28poGNh0)
Writing a program involving if and else

This is the question Write a complete program  that inputs an integer  value  from the console representing a temperature in degrees F. Your program  shoul...
[2 replies] Last: So something like this If (T >= 72 && T<=211) { T=W; } ... (by Silentempest)
I need help with Modules operators!

My assignment is: Enter amount of cents: 119 (assuming this is what the user types in) Pennies: 4 Nickels: 1 Dimes: 1 Quarters: 4 And this is to as...
[1 reply] : I am hoping my mode of thinking is right. When you use the modulus ope... (by menious)
Help with loop not adding values to previous values

Hi, I'm trying to write a program that will gauge the expected cost of an item in a specified number of years. I've looked at several examples and tried the...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks!! It looks like I just had a couple lines in the incorrect ord... (by newlearn33)
Shuffling an array not executing properly?

Hi, there. I have a 2D array with 208. I must concatenate the strings by twos up to index 199. So that I have 108 strings. Then I must shuffling these 108 strin...
[1 reply] : I think the problem is in the concatenation function. void Concatena... (by closed account 4iwkoG1T)
Merging Two Files Into One

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with merging two text files into a third file. I created two separate text files with five integers each, already sorted. i.e. ...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks everyone. @The illusionist mirage I'll try that. (by Semion1)
i have this prob;em with FTP

Write your question here. #include<windows.h> #include<Wininet.h> int main() { HINTERNET hInternet; HINTERNET hFtp; InternetOpen(0...
[no replies]
A couple of Easy Questions.

Hey guys, I've got a couple of questions that are really stumping me on my review and I'm having a hard time finding the answer in my book. Could someone help ...
[6 replies] Last: @Zhuge To answer your question, pretty much all of it. I'm having a ha... (by Syre Lancaster)
Error expected unqualified-id before else

Hi, Im in need of some help with some errors showing expected unqualified-id before 'else' and expected , or ; before else on lines 56. Trying to set an if els...
[3 replies] Last: if (coin_value >= 0 || coin_value < 100) { //here quarters = (coin_va... (by Danny Toledo)
Letter crashes math problem

I am very new to coding, and my first project for class is to code a project that adds and multiples two numbers together, I added a third number just to take i...
[1 reply] : This problem was discussed in a recent thread: how to deny non-numeri... (by andywestken)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 4950515253... 64
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.