Beginners - September 2013 (Page 46)

A switch statement problem

I have a switch statement and I want to continue until I choose 9 for exit, but if I enter an invalid choose on want to prompt the user. The problem is when I p...
[2 replies] Last: Here is where I'm cin the choice default: cout << "Please enter a vali... (by pronesti)
by jer311
Help!

I'm trying to get all the results to add up and equal one number. Something is wrong. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int a,b,c; cout<...
[6 replies] Last: @funprogrammer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma_operator (by Josue Molina)
Functions

How to build a program based on this question.. "Build a program that can calculate the area and perimeter of the rectangle. This program has two functions, ...
[3 replies] Last: Learn how to write functions,instead of asking others to do your homew... (by closed account LzwkoG1T)
Pointer help.

Hi, I am very new to C++ and have been teaching myself from a book; got a little confusing when my book talked about returning a pointer with a example program...
[3 replies] Last: Yes; I understand now. Josue-Yeah that program only displays the word... (by SoftMOUNT)
Array function

I need to write a function that would get a copy of an array and go through it to see which of the below conditions is satisfied by that array. function prototy...
[17 replies] Last: Finally!! Thanks, (by closed account SwqGNwbp)
A function to shows the changes in array

This is a tricking problem that couldn't figure out how write the program, any body can help me please: unsigned changes( const unsigned a , unsigned ele...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you, unsigned changes(const unsigned a , unsigned elements) {... (by closed account SwqGNwbp)
Linux Kernel Error pt1 (cont)

In file included from main.c:18:0: /usr/include/efi/efilib.h:389:1: error: initializing argument 1 of ‘UINTN Print(CHAR16*, ...)’ [-fpermissive] main.c:...
[1 reply] : I have this same problem. Idea for solved this? (by cenariocapital)
by Tomhet
Env indexing

what "::var" good for? is that good for direct index to the global env? then is this faster when I use in a deep local place? #include<stdio.h> con...
[2 replies] Last: hmm I guessed well in my mind... thanks (by Tomhet)
by tatai
importing data from column

I have got two files: input_file.txt data 1 data 2 data 3 4.5 1.25 0.03 4.6 1 0.01 7.5 2.25 0.5 7.8 1.35 0.6 10.2 1.25 0.4 8.2 1.525 0.02 8.4 1.56 0....
[5 replies] Last: Thank you very much vin, that is really helpful.... (by tatai)
Limit with powers in C++

Ive been playing around with some code. When running the first code, i get an answers, but when running the second lot I get 0. The only diffrence is that I cha...
[6 replies] Last: I doubt it is a simple integer size problem. If he can calculate a 30-... (by Duthomhas)
by Ed4434
Writing a good old text based RPG!!

Hey guys, I'm in the process of writing a text based RPG as a sort of.. coding challenge to myself. I'm trying to give the player the choice to enter his/her...
[3 replies] Last: Cheers for the replies, I'll use all of this to improve :P At the mom... (by Ed4434)
EFIBIND.H and BOOT.h

Where can I find the latest EFIBIND.h and BOOT.h? Tks!!
[2 replies] Last: writing a c/c++ program that when you load stage 2 of the bootloader, ... (by LockTim)
error message "ID RETURNED 1 EXIT STATUS

Trying to compile this however Im getting a message "ID RETURNED 1 EXIT STATUS" Does anybody know how to fix my code to solve this problem? int pow2(int...
[4 replies] Last: i've already told him this in another one of his posts. OP, look at ... (by mutexe)
by ngopza
string help

Hi. I am a bit confused. If I have a class called Name for instance; class Name { private: string *name; int num; public: Name(string n); ...
[6 replies] Last: Hi ngopza, Have a look at these: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference... (by TheIdeasMan)
by aspic
switch help

help please i only need this output when i choose a case for example i need this for case 1 cout<< "Press to Add Employee" <<endl; cout<< "Press ...
[2 replies] Last: thank you aceix really grateful fot this :D is it okey to expect your ... (by aspic)
by Ltp
I dont get the right output. Please help me to fix it.

Whats wrong in the code? #include <iostream> using namespace std; class stack{ private: int *st; int s; int top; public: stack(int); //void set_values(...
[7 replies] Last: I understood what you said, coder. Anyway, thanks again for support .... (by Ltp)
by Ltp
Push problem in Stack

#include <iostream> using namespace std; class stack{ private: int *st; int s; int top; public: stack(int); void set_values(); void get_value...
[11 replies] Last: Thanx a lot coder. Part of the code has been solved. (by Ltp)
by jer311
C++ beginner

I am extremely new to this language and need help with a project. Where exactly do I start when I am asked to read in 2 integers and output both their sum and p...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks guys its all extremely helpful and it works perfectly! Much tha... (by jer311)
Help with my code

I keep getting errors stating undeclared identifier and so on. I have tried to fix it but having troubles. I am new at this so please be kind. // Jennifer B...
[4 replies] Last: You're getting those two warnings because Microsoft considers scanf to... (by AbstractionAnon)
DIAMOND LOOP

Anyone knows how to make this using the header file #include<dos.h> for delaying the print out.. _____11______ ____1212_____ ___123123____ __12341234_...
[no replies]
September 2013 Pages: 1... 4445464748... 64
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.